32 Photos - May 15, 2013
Photo: Voorkant van de Petrus en Pauluskerk.

Front of the Petrus en Paulus kerk.

For more information, please switch on your Smartphone and visit
www.rkparochiebergennh.nl.

Click on rondleiding/tour, and you are able to learn much more about our church during the virtual tour.Photo: Beeld achter in de kerk van Theresia van Lisieux,  kloosternaam: Thérèse de l'Enfant-Jésus et de la Sainte-Face (Alençon, 2 januari 1873 – Lisieux, 30 september 1897). Zij is een Franse heilige. Haar feestdag valt op
1 oktober.
 
Ze werd als Thérèse Martin geboren in Alençon als dochter van de op 19 oktober 2008 zalig verklaarde Louis Martin en Marie-Azélie Guérin. Op haar tiende werd ze ernstig ziek totdat het Mariabeeld op 13 mei boven haar bed naar haar glimlachte, waarna ze volledig genas. 
 
Op 29 april 1923 werd Theresia zalig verklaard. Haar heiligverklaring volgde op
17 mei 1925. In 1997 werd Theresia, als
 derde vrouw in de geschiedenis, door paus Johannes Paulus II tot kerkleraar uitgeroepen.


Statue of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux (January 2, 1873 – September 30, 1897), or Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face. Born Marie-Françoise-Thérèse Martin; she was a French Carmelite nun.

She has been a highly influential model of sanctity for Roman Catholics, and for others because of the "simplicity and practicality of her approach to the spiritual life." Together with St. Francis of Assisi, she is one of the most popular saints in the history of the church. Pope Pius X called her "the greatest saint of modern times."Photo: Het kruisbeeld met corpus acherin onze kerk is afkomstig uit de vorige kerk. In 1925 en in 1939 werd het kruis van de muur afgehaald en voorin de kerk geplaatst, dit staat ook op het kruis geschreven.

Er werd in 1925 en in 1939 drie dagen gebeden in de kerk waarna het op de derde dag opnieuw achterin de kerk werd terug geplaatst. Duizenden mensen bezochten in deze periode van drie dagen de kerk om te bidden, om te luisteren naar preken en om geld aan de missie te doneren.

Rondom het kruisbeeld hangen kleine kruisjes met daarop de namen van overledene die vanuit onze kerk zijn begraven. Wij herdenken hier onze overleden parochianen. Na afloop van de Echaristieviering op  allerzielen mogen nabestaanden deze kruisjes mee naar huis nemen.

The cross in the back of our church was originally made for and used in the previous church that was built on the same location.

In 1925 and 1939 the cross was removed from the wall and placed in the front of the church. In those years people prayed for three consecutive days and on the third day the cross was returned to its place in the back of the church. During these three days thousands of people visited the church to pray, donate money to the Mission and to listen to the priest who was preaching.

The cross is surrounded by small crosses.
Each small cross contains the name of someone from our parish who died this year. This way we remember this person. After mass on All Souls the family of the deceased is allowed to take the small cross home.Photo: Beeld van de H. Antonius, achterin onze kerk. Deze Heilige wordt veelvuldig aangeroepen om te helpen bij het vinden van dingen die zijn zoekgeraakt. Als men het dan weer terugvindt schenkt men Antonius wat geld uit dank voor zijn hulp.

Statue of Saint Anthony in the back of our church. This Saint is frequently asked for help to retrieve items that are lost. If one finds the lost item again, a small amount of money is donated to the Saint to thank him for his help.Photo: Een van de zijpaden van de kerk met prachtige bogen.

One of the aisles of the church with the beautiful arches.Photo: Het orgel voor in de kerk stamt uit 1900 en is gebouwd door Maarschalk in Weert. Het is enige jaren geleden in de Petrus en Pauluskerk geplaatst.

Aan de linkerzijde van het orgel ziet u de ingang naar de Mariakapel, dit is tevens de deur naar onze invalide ingang waar rolstoelgebruikers gebruik van kunnen maken.

The organ in front of the church was build in 1900 by organ builder Maarschalk from the city of Weert.

On the left side of the organ you can see the entrance to our Saint Mary's chapel, this is also the entry for people with disabilities. By creating this special entrance our church is wheelchair accessible.Photo: De Mariakapel van onze kerk ligt aan de linkerzijde van het gebouw. Deze is gebouwd door de 'Gouden Handjes' en beschilderd door Annet Min, dochter van Jaap Min.

De Mariakapel is iedere dag geopend van 9.00 t/m 17.00 uur, in de wintermaanden t/m 16.00 uur.

You will find our Saint Mary's Chapel on the left side of the building. It was build by the 'Gouden Handjes' and painted by Annet Min, daughter of Jaap Min.

Opening hours of the chapel 9 am till 5 pm  During the winterperiod till 4 pmPhoto: 1421 Het Mirakel van Bergen.
Fresco gemaakt door kunstenaar Jaap Min in 1949-1950.

1421 Bergen's Miracle
Fresco painted by the artist Jaap Min in 1945-1950.Photo: De ambo/preekstoel, uit 1882, is afkomstig uit de vorige kerk. De vier westerse Kerkvaders zijn op de preekstoel uitgebeeld: Ambrosius, Augustinus, Gregorius en Hieronymus.

Het klankboord is ten prooi gevallen aan de houtworm en is in 1967 verwijderd.


The ambo was built in 1882, originally made and used in the previous church. The four western church fathers are displayed on the ambo: Ambrose, Augustin, Gregory, and Hieronymus.

The word ambo comes from a Greek word meaning an elevation. It was originally an elaborate raised platform in the middle of the nave, from which the Epistle and Gospel would be read, and was occasionally used as a speaker's platform for homilies.Photo: In onze kerk treft u veel houten beelden aan. De oudste beelden dateren uit 1874, dit zijn de beelden van Petrus en Paulus.

Inside our church you will find wooden statues, the eldest ones were made in 1874 and represent Saint Peter and Saint Paul.Photo: Het orgel achterin de kerk stamt uit 1931 en is gebouwd door Pels.

Een nieuw altaar werd geschonken door de parochianen in 1974, bij het 50 jarig bestaan van de kerk. Het is een ontwerp van Jaap Min. Het smeedwerk is uitgevoerd door Hillebrand Hoebe en  het houten altaarblad is gemaakt door Jaap Hopman. In 1984 werd bij het 60 jarig bestaan de ambo geschonken uitgevoerd door dezelfde heren. Dit geldt ook voor de doopvont (rechts) en de Paaskaarskandelaar.

The organ in the back of the church was build in 1931 by Pels.

The altar was made by Fa. J.P. Maas en Zonen situated in the city of Haarlem. The altar is made from marble and yellow copper and was designed by Jaap Min.Photo: Photo: Zijaltaar van marmer met het beeld van Jozef. Het altaar en het beeld zijn afkomstig uit een kerk in Haarlem maar werden in 1986 overgebracht naar Bergen. Zij vervingen het bestaande houten zijaltaar en het beeld  in onze kerk die aangetast waren door houtworm.

Altar with a statue of St. Joseph. The altar and the statue were originally made for a church in the city of Haarlem, but were moved to Bergen in 1986. The original altar and statue in our church were destroyed by woodworms, therefore they had to be replaced.Photo: Het priesterkoor of hoogkoor is de ruimte   waar zich het hoofdaltaar bevindt.  Op dit hoofdaltaar staat het tabernakel, een rijk versierde brandwerende kluis, waarin het Heilig Sacrament (de geconsacreerde hosties) bewaard wordt in een ciborie.


The main altar with the tabernacle. This is the fixed, locked box in which the Eucharist (the concecrated bread) is "reserved" (stored).Photo: Details hoofd altaar.

Main altar details.Photo: Zijaltaar van marmer met het beeld van Maria en Jezus. Het altaar en het beeld zijn afkomstig uit een kerk in Haarlem maar beiden werden in 1986 overgebracht naar Bergen. Zij vervingen het bestaande houten zijaltaar en beeld in onze kerk die aangetast waren door houtworm.


Altar with a statue of the Virgin Mary holding baby Jesus. The altar and the statue were originally made for a church in the city of Haarlem, but were moved to Bergen in 1986. The original altar and statue in our church were destroyed by woodworms, therefore they had to be replaced.Photo: Het absis met gebrandschilderde ramen

The absisPhoto: Het glas in lood in de absis is ontworpen en gemaakt door de in Den Haag geboren Louis Frans Asperlauch (1893-1949), en vervaardigd in eigen atelier. De ramen werden in 1924 aangeboden door een zevental begunstigers. De ramen beelden de zeven Sacramenten uit: v.l.n.r. de Doop, de Biecht, het Priesterschap, de Eucharistie, het Huwelijk, de Ziekenzalving en het Vormsel. In 2010 zijn de ramen gerestaureerd.

The windows in the absis were designed and made by the in The Hague born  Louis Frans Asperlauch (1893-1949) The seven windows were donated to the church in 1924.  The windows represent the seven Sacraments: Baptism, Confession,  Holy Orders, Eucharist, Marriage and the Anointing of the Sick.Photo: Houten beeld van het Heilig Hart van Jezus.

De verering van Jezus Christus krijgt vorm vanuit de liefde en barmhartigheid, die worden gesymboliseerd door Jezus' Hart.

Het Hart van Jezus wordt in de kunst gewoonlijk afgebeeld als een geopende borstkas met daarin een bloedrood hart met een vlam. Het hart staat voor de persoon van Christus' Leven en Lijden, terwijl de vlam de Liefde en Barmhartigheid representeert.

De tweede vrijdag na Pinksteren valt meestal in juni en op die dag wordt het 'Hoogfeest van het heilig Hart van Jezus' gevierd dat al sinds 1856 gevierd wordt in de Katholieke kerk.

Satue of the Sacred Heart.

Devotion to the Sacred Heart (also known as Most Sacred Heart of Jesus) is one of the most widely practiced and well-known devotions, taking Jesus' physical heart as the representation of his divine love for humanity.

The Feast of the Sacred Heart has been in the Roman Catholic liturgical calendar since 1856, and is celebrated 19 days after Pentecost. As Pentecost is always celebrated on Sunday, the Feast of the Sacred Heart always falls on a Friday.Photo: De bescherming van Bergen NH door H. Petrus en H. Paulus tijdens de 2e wereldoorlog.
Fresco gemaakt door kunstenaar Jaap Min in 1949-1950.

The town Bergen NH protected by Saint Peter and Saint Paul during world war 2.
Fresco painted by the artist Jaap Min 1949-1950.Photo: Uitleg Kruiswegstaties

Wooden sign about the stations of the cross.

The Stations of the Cross

The frescos were painted in 1944 by Jaap Min.
The Stations of the Cross consist of 14 different paintings, and the 15th painting shows all the attributes.Photo: Kruiswegstaties

Stations of the CrossPhoto: Kruiswegstaties

Stations of the CrossPhoto: Kruiswegstaties

Stations of the CrossPhoto: Kruiswegstaties

Stations of the CrossPhoto: Kruiswegstaties

Stations of the CrossPhoto: Kruiswegstaties

Stations of the CrossPhoto: Kruiswegstaties

Stations of the crossPhoto: Dit schilderij is afkomstig uit 1812,  schilder J.P. Horstok, title van het schilderij is: De aanbidding door de herders.

Painting from 1812, painted by J.P. Horstok, title of the painting: worshipping shepards.Photo: Schilderij van een kathedraal in Engeland waar de priester net binnenkomt om voor te gaan in de eucharistie. Dit schilderij is ongeveer 150 jaar geleden door een parochiaan aan de parochie geschonken.

Painting of a Cathedral in England, the priest just enters the Cathedral to celebrate the Eucharist. This painting was donated about 150 years ago to the parish.Photo: Deze Kerststal is ieder jaar  in onze kerk te bewonderen. Vlak voor Kerstmis wordt hij neergezet en na Drie Koningen weer opgeborgen. De Kerststal is gemaakt in 1951 door een grote groep parochianen onder wie de gebroeders Jaap, Ide en Siem Min. Sommige beelden werden kregen het gezicht van  bekende types uit de parochie.

The Nativity scene is on display every Christmas and is removed after January 6th... It was made in 1951by a large group of people from the parish, among them the brothers, Jaap, Ide and Siem Min. Some of the figures were given the faces of well known people from the parish.Photo: Schrijf een bijschrift