85 Photos - Aug 29, 2011
Photo: Here is the concrete pad where our old, metal shed used to be. Dan helped me disassemble it and get the concrete pad cleaned and ready for the new shed! I'm not sure what I'll do with the concrete ramp that leads onto the pad. I may just leave it there...maybe add some flowers around it or something.Photo: After a day of drama related to the delivery of the shed, it finally arrived on a 53' semi around 8:00 PM. Luckily, Dan and a friend were available to help unload the kit, along with the driver. An hour later, everything was off the truck and in one side of the garage. This is what it looked like. Of course, Watson had to supervise.Photo: Okay, so I can't stand complete disorganization. My garage looked like the previous picture for about an hour, and then I promptly went to work checking the inventory and organizing the pieces of the kit into their logical groupings by floor, walls, roof, trim and etc. 2.5 hours later, my garage looked like this. Ahhhh..... :)

You can even see my old studio in the background.Photo: A couple of days after the shed's delivery, my brother, his fiance and my mom came over to help start assembling the floor. I didn't think to take a shot of us hammering the floor's frame together, but I did snap this picture of my mom, checking out the floor, with one of the plywood pieces on it. You can see the floor is already on the concrete pad and what the frame looks like.Photo: I took this picture, mainly to poke fun at my brother. I wanted an "action" shot of him hammering, so he posed, with a pencil behind the ear. What's funny is that there's actually no nail he's hammering, and look at how he's holding that hammer! :)Photo: Here you can see my brother and his fiance, Lauren, nailing down the plywood. We got a lot done in a short amount of time, considering we're not carpenters!  Oh...and yes...I actually did a lot of work. I'm also the picture taker, so you may not see a lot of pictures of me. :)Photo: On this day, my entire family came over to help! It was great! We focused on getting the walls framed. Here, we're framing the back wall of the shed.Photo: A shot of the back wall completely framed. We're almost ready for siding!Photo: Here's a flattering shot of my dad while framing one of the side walls. And there's Watson, relaxing in his bed and keeping an eye on everything. :)Photo: Yet, another picture of a framed wall. At this point, I believe we were finished with all of the walls.Photo: Siding time! Once the walls were framed, we started working to add cedar siding to the outside of the back wall. This is a nice perspective shot of me, my dad and my brother. :)Photo: We finished the back wall! Adding the siding was relatively simple, and it looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it stained!Photo: Not too exciting, but here's a picture of all of the sided walls on top of the floor. I think this is the only picture you'll see taken during daylight hours. During this point, none of the windows or doors had been cut out of the siding. A little later on my brother, Joe, and I used a jig saw to cut out these pieces from the walls.Photo: In this picture Joe and Lauren are working to get the walls raised and screwed together. This was a MAJOR task! The studs were so close to each other at the corners, that we had to screw in the 3 inch screws by hand and then by ratchet since the drill was too big. I believe out of four corners, only one was able to screwed together with a drill.Photo: Woo hoo! The walls are up! After several grueling hours of getting the walls screwed together, we quickly screwed the walls into the floor.Photo: Once the walls were fastened, we added the gabled ends. Thank goodness these came shipped pre-assembled. I can't imagine putting these puppies together. Anyway, you can see the holes in the gabled ends for my vents; one of which will be used for my ventilation! :)Photo: I took this picture right after we hung the ridge beam between the gabled ends. Aren't Joe and Lauren cute?Photo: My parents came over on day 5 to help me set up the rafters, however, since we didn't have instructions on how to use the brackets that came with the rafters, we used them incorrectly. As such, my brother and I removed the rafters the next day and got them back up again...the correct way. This picture shows the completed rafters.Photo: This picture is pretty bad since it's so dark, and the photo was taken from a good distance, but you can see my brother and I nailing down the cedar roof boards. Once the first row was nailed down, adding the rest of the roof boards was easy and quick!Photo: The roof boards are done! Check out how rustic the shed is starting to look! From the inside, the ceiling looks really nice! I just have to have the final cedar board cut to fit the gaps at the top of the roof, and then we'll be able to move on with adding the plywood over the cedar board.Photo: I took this picture just as it started to rain. You couldn't have timed it better! We got the roof up, and then the first drop fell. In this picture, you can see the completed roof and the vents I had just screwed into place.Photo: To completely finish the cedar roof boards, I had to cut one of the boards to fit the small gap at the top of the roof. Luckily my neighbor has all the tools necessary to cut wood (he makes custom shuffleboards), and was able to cut the board for me. I took this picture from the inside of the shed after I nailed down the last boards to the top.Photo: My dad grabbed my camera to take this picture of me while I was nailing down the plywood roof board. The plywood will strengthen the roof and allow me to add shingles without penetrating the cedar roof board with the shingling nails.Photo: Once the plywood was nailed down, my brother and I worked to add roof felt (tar paper) to the roof. This will help add a little insulation and protect the roof from leaks.Photo: After a day and a half of non-stop rain, I finally had the chance to work on my shed again. Thanks to my dad and brother, we were able to get the majority of the trim up. Some of the boards didn't line up perfectly, so we did some modifications to correct those issues. I'm much happier with the finished product! We plan on finishing the trim tomorrow, and should be able to add the shingles on the roof! :)Photo: Due to another long stint of rain, we had to put off working on the shed for about 4 days. After the rain stopped, I finally got to finish 99% of the remaining trim. I only have two more pieces of trim to put up, but want to wait until the windows and doors are in place to ensure there is room for the trim. This picture (OMG! it's in daylight!) shows off the finished soffits, fascia, end caps and corner pieces.Photo: Once I got all the trim up I could, we started working on adding shingles to the roof. I purchased some architectural shingles to match the ones on my house. Following the instructions on the package, we laid our starter strip, cut different lengths of shingles and went to town! This was as far as we got before it got too dark. We didn't want to risk getting the rows of shingles out of line by doing them after sundown.Photo: Here's a close up of the shingles. I really like the varied brown colors in these shingles. Once I have the shed stained, I think the roof will look fantastic with the color of the wood.Photo: The shingles are done! Yours truly nailed down the ridge cap shingles all on her own! :)Photo: Here's a perspective of the shed after the windows have been installed.  The window on the right is an opening "bar" window.  It's so cute!  The only remaining pieces to install on the exterior are the muttins for the windows.Photo: My brother was nice enough to help me install the door. I had never hung a door before or installed a working lock and door knob. It was pretty hectic since certain things didn't fit perfectly (big shock), but we got it done. I even nailed down a piece of trim that I was waiting on until the door was finished! I pretty much consider myself done building the shed! I still need to stain it and clean out my garage from all of the scrap wood, but at least I won't be outside in 30 degree weather trying to get the shed ready before the next rain. Also, check out who's looking over the new door! :)Photo: Almost done! Over the weekend, I decided to stain the shed. Boy...how I grossly under-estimated how long that would take! I thought...*maybe* 4-5 hours, and I'd be done. WRONG! It took me 9 hours to stain the entire exterior of the shed! Part of the reason was because the siding on the shed is rough, which soaks up lots and lots of stain, requiring more to cover it. One brush pass wouldn't cut it; more like 6 or 7 to fully coat the wood. Anyway, I still need to stain the inside of the windows and door and apply the second coat. I'm hoping the second time around will go much quicker. :)Photo: So, after several days of taking a break after the first coat of stain, I finally stained the door and windows. This took forever since I had to tape everything first, stain and then untape. I also managed to get the windows' muttins (the crossbars) stained and slipped into place. I think it looks great! Once it warms up, I'll apply the second coat of stain, but right now I'm too excited to start on the inside of the shed! :)Photo: Woo hoo! It's time to start on the inside of the shed! I've already got the design down, and purchased some rich, brown paint for the rafters. I had thought about staining them, but since they're pine studs, they probably wouldn't have stained really well. Especially with all of the red identification stamps and other markings on them. I love the look of the paint and think it'll really add to the overall design. I'll be leaving the roof boards natural since I really like how they look. :)Photo: Yippee! My lights came in! As such, I couldn't wait to get them up to see how they look. The track lighting is actually supposed to be installed in a ceiling, so I'll need to be a little creative with the wiring. Still though, I think they look awesome!Photo: After I got the track lighting up, I started to focus on the electrical outlets. My dad will be coming over to start wiring (while I'm at work), so I placed everything he'll need in the shed. I really like this shot as it's a pretty good view of the shed's interior. All of that stuff in the lower right corner is just for the wiring!Photo: I tried to help my dad as best as I could by trying to install the outlet boxes. Unfortunately, since I have to nail the boxes into the studs, it's rather hard to get them secure. There's no room for the hammer, and since the metal is pretty thick, you can't really nail at an angle. So after 20 minutes of slamming the nails in strange angles, I managed to get the box for the light switch and this one wall outlet box installed. Whew!Photo: Finally! Some wiring pictures! Here's a shot of the sub-panel inside the shed. The panel is capable for being wired with 100 amps, but we've wired it for 80 (4-20 amp circuits). Each circuit powers a separate outlet in the shed. Great job, dad!Photo: After the Super Bowl, I was surprised by my dad and husband with power! Nearing the end of our electrical wiring, the lights now work! :) I'm so happy with how they look! The last thing I need to do with these is to paint the silver conduit and junction box (upper left) brown to match the rafters.Photo: Not the most exciting picture, but I thought I'd capture the conduit body (elbow) and ground wire running outside of the shed. The green ground wire will be attached to an 10-foot grounding rod which will be driven into the ground. The conduit runs outside of the shed and connects to a water-tight flexible conduit, which then connects to another elbow that goes into my garage.Photo: A slightly boring and fuzzy picture, this shows off the space between the shed and my house. You can see that we've buried the flexible conduit (that houses the 6-3 wire) and where it attaches to the conduit body on the outside of the shed. You can also see a small, copper rod sticking out of the ground. This is the grounding rod, which my dad and I drove into the ground. It's a 10-foot rod and we managed to get all but one foot driven into the ground! Next, we'll be attaching an outdoor box over the end of the rod and will run a grounding wire from the shed and from the house into the box.Photo: It's hard to capture all of the wiring my dad did in the shed, but here you can see most of it. The sub-panel is in the upper right and you can see the wires coming from it and going to various outlets. You can also see my range hood that is temporarily installed. We installed it so we knew where to run the wires. We'll take it back down before we start the insulation and drywall process.Photo: Leaving the shed, we're now in my house. Here's a shot of the main breaker panel in our laundry room. The new wire my dad ran comes through the top, middle portion of the panel and connects to the top circuit breaker on the right side. It's a double 50 amp circuit breaker for a total of 100 amps.Photo: In order to use a 100 amp circuit breaker, we needed to use 6-3 wire with ground. This wire is extremely thick (about 3/4" in diameter) and weighs a ton! Not to mention it's pretty pricey at almost $3.00/foot. We purchased 70 feet of wire and ran it through the floor joists in my laundry room. The shed's wire is the black one on the far left. I can't even begin to tell you how difficult it was to thread that thick, heavy and stiff wire through the holes we drilled in the joists. Whew!Photo: We're not quite done with the wiring (we only have a few loose ends to tie), so I thought I'd share an image of the propane box I've been working on while my dad's been wiring. I drew up the skematics for this little box and built it using leftover materials from the shed. I'm really happy with how it turned out! The lid still needs to be shingled and I still need to stain the box, but overall, it's pretty close to complete. :)Photo: It's been a while since I've posted a picture of Watson. Here he is in all his glory; illustrating how large the box is. :) What a ham!Photo: Over the weekend, I managed to build a table for my torch! I didn't really have a good plan for building the table and kind of winged it as I went along. It measures about 1.5' x 4' and is around 28" high. It's a very sturdy table (hey...it holds me!) and is almost perfectly level. I had a few issues with all four legs not touching the floor at once, but this was due to the pine studs being slightly warped. I purchased some adjustable table feet last night and will screw into the the bottom of the legs. All that's left to do is to paint the table brown and afix the galvanized steel to the top. :)Photo: It's time for insulation and drywall! However, before we get to that, I wanted to show off my finished workbench/table. I finally got around to painting the table and was able to complete the top over the weekend. I used galvanized sheet metal to cover the wood, and then laid a second layer of flashing over that. I also finished the edges of the table with 90° angle metal strips to cover any sharp edges from the sheet metal and flashing.Photo: I also got around to completing my propane box! I took advantage of the mild temperatures and stained the entire box as well as added shingles to the roof. I'm really happy with how it came out! All that's left with the box is to drill a small hole in the back and add a metal pipe that will feed propane into the shed.Photo: Here's a close up of the propane box. :)Photo: Okay...onto the insulation. Once the electrical inspector came by and approved our work, I began installing the first layer of insulation. I cut pieces of roofing felt paper to insert between the studs. This will help add a little insulation when combined with the standard fiberglass insulation. As you can see, we've completed installing the fiberglass insulation as well. This was pretty simple, and only took my parents and I around 3 hours to complete. It's starting to look more "housey". :)Photo: Here's another shot of the insulation we finished. The shed's now a mess from all of the remnants, but it shouldn't take long to clean up and get ready for the next stage of the project....drywall! As soon as I can figure out how to get nine 4'x8' boards of drywall to my house, I'll be starting that phase! :) Stay tuned!Photo: Last night, my dad came by to help me get the drywall started. It took us forever to get the first wall up (we ran into some snags with the electrical outlets being too recessed in the wall), but eventually got one wall complete. I just need to finish nailing the boards. In this picture, you can see we attached one of the outlet wall plates to see how it would look. :) I'll probably work on the other wall myself as there are only few cuts that need to be made.Photo: Well, we got the drywall to my house, but basically had a delay (for several weeks) since everyone's been really busy. So to kill some time, I purchased items I'll need for my ventilation. In order to attach the ducting elbow to the shed's vent, I had to make a custom attachment. I basically took a piece of leftover galvanized steel and traced around my 7" ducting. I then drew a smaller circle (inside of the first one I traced) and cut it out. Then, I cut out tabs and bent them into a 90°, which fit around the 7" ducting. Using some aluminum foil tape, I sealed the joint. I think it looks pretty good!Photo: Woo hoo! All of the drywall has been hung! Dan helped me with hanging the back (windowless) wall, and then my parents came over to help me carry out a sheet of drywall so I could make all the necessary cuts myself. So, over St. Patrick's Day weekend, I finished the drywall, installed the corner beads around the windows and purchased all the pipe I'll need for the propane. This picture shows all of the drywall after I finished nailing down the last couple of pieces. You can see the shut-off valve for the gas on the right wall.Photo: Here's a close up of one of the windows. I wanted to show how I finished the drywall around the window and hid the spaces and gaps. I purchased paper corner beads and an adhesive which afixed the corner beads around the drywall and onto the window frame. I also purchased 90° wood corner trim that will overlap the corner bead and cover the gaps around the window (which have been filled with expanding insulation). You can barely see the 90° pieces in this picture (you can see their UPC codes though), but they'll be stained to match the rest of the window, so it should look pretty good when it's all done!Photo: This image shows a different view from the shed. I haven't yet placed the corner beads around the door, so you can see the gaps that still need to be covered. I also have metal a corner bead to go around the circuit breaker box and hope to finish that at the same time as the door. Once those are up, all that's left to do is to place corner beads along the top of the wall and to begin mudding and taping!Photo: Yay! I've started mudding and taping! Boy, was this hard! I did all of the mudding and taping on my own, and I must say I did slightly better than I thought I would. It's not perfect, but I was able to successfully tape the drywall joints and inside corners without any major mishaps! This image shows how my shed looked after the first coat (called the "tape" coat) was applied. Only two more coats to go!Photo: Finally! I'm done with mudding and taping! After allowing the first coat to dry, I applied a second coat the next day, and then a third coat two days later. Between each coat of mud, I lightly sanded the previous coat to help make it smooth. When applying the mud, I also worked to feather the seams by using a larger spackle knife each pass. All I have left to do is to patch any questionable areas and start sanding! I'll then be able to prime the walls for paint! Here you can see how much of the walls are covered in mud. They almost look painted, but it's due to the width of the spackle knives I used for the last coat.Photo: Just because I can, I'll post a picture of Watson. :) He was a really well-behaved dog while I was applying my final coat of mud. In fact, he posed for the camera near my tools, so I couldn't resist snapping this picture. He's my little "worker" Watson! LOL!Photo: So, after a little snafu with my paper corner beads pulling away from the walls (requiring them to be nailed down and re-mudded as the adhesive didn't hold), I finally got to prime the walls! I was really excited to get to this step, but sadly, any pride in my mudding and taping job went down the toilet after applying my first coat of primer. Man....I did a terrible job sanding! :( There are ridges on the walls where I didn't feather the mud enough, but at this point...I don't care! I'm still happy with the results. So my walls aren't 100% smooth...it's not really that noticeable. :) Anyway, I applied 4 coats of primer (used an entire gallon!) to make the walls an even color before starting on the color. This picture shows the shed after I applied the last coat.Photo: It's color time! After waiting about an hour after my final coat of primer, my mom and I started on the color! I picked a goldenrod paint from Eddie Bauer called "Gourd". I really like how it looks; almost pumpkin-y. :) Anyway, I took this picture after the second coat of paint. We had to wait about 2 hours between coats, so I didn't finish the third coat until later that evening. I'll take another picture of the finished walls once I have a few more things installed.Photo: Here's a shot of the final paint job! I painted a total of 3 coats, and have enough paint left over for touch ups. Last night, I caulked around the windows and doors, installed the outlet covers as well as the cover for the gas pipe (the round black thing on the right wall). All that's really left with the windows is to paint and stain the trim. However, I can do that at any time. I'm ready to start on the floor! :)Photo: Here's a close up of the inverted "L" trim I used to finish the inside of the windows.Photo: Onto the floor! This image is rather boring, but it shows my bare, plywood floor right after I cleaned it. I was prepping it for the first stage of the flooring project; which was installing the underlayment.Photo: After the floor's surface was as clean as I could get it, I rolled out an uncoupling material called Schluter-Ditra. It's a polyethylene plastic underlayment that has a waffle pattern on the surface. The little "waffle-wells" get filled up with mortar, making a strong and flexible underlayment for ceramic or porcelain tile. In this picture, you can see the dark spots of thinset mortar soaking into the fleece backing of the Ditra. This is what's supposed to happen, so I think I'm doing good so far! *fingers crossed*Photo: Okay....so tiling is WAY harder than I thought it would be. After letting the mortar dry under the Ditra for about 17 hours, I decided to tackle the actual laying of the tiles. It took me about 3.5 hours, but I finally got it done! I only had to cut about 10 tiles and all of the cuts were pretty simple. Since I used Ditra and the tiles are fully vitrified porcelain, it'll take a much longer time for everything to dry, so I won't be able to grout for a week or two. I'll be sure to update again as soon as I've finished grouting! :)Photo: Grout's done! After work, I decided to go ahead and the grout down before the weekend started! I used a screwdriver and a hammer to remove some of the excess mortar that had squeezed up between the tiles and then vacuumed any loose pieces and dust. Once the floor was ready, I mixed the charcoal/black grout until it was a thick, almost doughy consistency. Using a rubber float, I applied the grout to the tiles in diagonal passes until the all of the grout lines were packed. Then, I cleaned the tiles to remove any excess grout and used a damp sponge to shape the grout lines. I had actually taken some pictures of these steps, but my camera decided to not save them to my memory card for some reason. :(Photo: The floor is officially done! Here's a picture of the transition piece between the tiles and the door's threshold. I was unable to find a good transition that would work for my floor, so I ended up using a brass carpet bar and 3" screws to cover the gap. In the picture, you can also see the gray caulk I used to seal the expansion gaps around the room's perimeter, and the grout lines have been sealed! So....I'm really, truly done with the floor! :)Photo: Woo hoo! The baseboards are painted and installed! I was happy with how well I was able to cut the boards to meet in the corners, but strangely, the boards didn't fit as well after they were painted. Who knew paint could change measurements so much! :) Anyway, I'm still happy with how they look. The contrast is great against the walls, and it really helps to make the shed look "complete". I've only got one more piece to cut since I couldn't get it to fit again, but since it's so small I may just leave it off. Who knows!? :)Photo: Ventilation is complete! Installing the range hood was more complicated than we thought since the drywall made things difficult. The screws for the hood were only about a 1/2" long, and didn't even penetrate the drywall to hit a stud. As such, we had to get some longer screws and washers to use instead. Unfortunately, the only screws I had were left over from the shed construction. They require special bits that are almost impossible to use in tight spaces. It took us forever to get the screws into the wall since the drill kept wallowing out the screw head, making it worthless. However after an hour or so, we were victorious! :) Once everything was installed, we turned on the fan and.....success! 200+ CFMs of power blowing air out the vent! I went outside to see how much air was coming out, and was quite impressed with the force!Photo: Yay! It's time to start working on my gas line. In this picture, you can see a propane tank inside the box with the regulator, flashback arrestor and bulk hose (which connects to 1/2" iron pipe). Since the box is almost perfectly fitted for the propane box, I have to be creative on how to switch tanks from the box. All fittings are sealed with teflon paste except for two joints; the where the regulator meets the tank and where the brass fitting meets the 1/2" pipe inside the box. This will allow me to unhook the bulk hose from the tank and pipe, so I may remove or insert a tank.Photo: Here you can see the gas line I created using 1/2" iron pipe that's been painted in black. These pipes are sealed with teflon paste and will carry the gas from the propane box and into the shed. I'll be testing all of the joints with soapy water to ensure there are no leaks.Photo: This is where the gas comes into the shed. There is an emergency shutoff valve and several brass fittings that will allow me to connect to the torch's hose. It was a huge pain to find all of the fittings needed to go from a propane tank, to a 1/2" pipe and then to a 1/4" propane grade T hose with a "B" fitting. The problem with propane is that the gas fittings have opposite threads. As such, you must find fittings that will allow you to go from NPT (national pipe thread; righty tighty/lefty loosey) to LHT (left-handed thread). I'm just glad I finally found everything I needed, even though it's more fittings/joints that I'd like. Everything has been sealed with teflon paste, so once I've tested these joints, I'm good to go with the torch hook-ups! Almost done! :)Photo: And there was fire! :) After spending some time teflon pasting all of the necessary joints, I turned on the tank and attempted to light the torch. Dan helped me test the joints to look for leaks, and we only had one! It was one of the joints I didn't want to seal since I'd be breaking it each time I change tanks. I decided to go ahead and seal the joint since I only change tanks every 6 months or so. We tested for leaks again, and were (thankfully) leak free! The only other hiccup we had was related to lighting the torch. We tried several times, and failed. It turned out that the 1/2" iron pipe needs some time to fill up in order to provide pressure to the torch. As such, I turned on the propane, waited about 30 seconds and lit the torch....successfully! This picture is of the very first flame in my new studio!Photo: After successfully lighting the torch, I couldn't wait to drag out my oxygen concentrator and light the torch with both propane and oxygen. I brought out the oxycon and set it next to my table on a mat (to protect the tiles and oxycon since it vibrates a lot when it's on), let it warm up for a few minutes and lit the torch again. Yay! A neutral flame! I can officially torch in my shed now! :)Photo: Here's a picture of my studio at 99% completion. I spent almost 10 hours getting the gas lines hooked up and tested, installing the curtains, bringing in my glass stash, etc. Watson was along for the ride, so of course he ended up in the picture. :)Photo: A close up of my glass "collection". I used shoe organizers from Target and cut PVC pipe to add multiple slots per cubby hole. The glass on the bottom is my supply of Effetre and Vetrofond soft glass, while the glass on top includes my "special" glasses such as Lauscha, Czech, Kugler, Bullseye, Double Helix, R2 as well as some tools. Also, the kiln fit perfectly on top of the shoe organizers, so it minimizes space while making it easy for me to place beads in the kiln.Photo: Not the most exciting picture, but I thought I'd share a shot of the other side of my studio. This folding table sits next to my glass, and beneath the opening window. I'll use it as another workarea (for dipping mandrels, removing beads, making jewelry...) and will also set my air conditioner on it, so I can easily vent it outside (through a vent over the door).Photo: Just to the right of the table, sits my oxygen concentrators. They're easily within reach, and fit perfectly next to the table. As I mentioned before, I placed the oxycons on a mat to help keep the vibrations to a minimum.Photo: My new workspace! I love the size of the table as it gives me plenty of room to work and lots of space to set tools, glass, etc. While moving into the new space, I threw out a lot of old stringer that I hadn't touched in a while, so what you see sticking out of the cup was all I kept. Eventually, I'll get one of those popsicle making trays to store the stringer, so I don't have to keep using cups. ;) I'm also wanting to purchase a magnetic tool holder to store most of my tools, in order to free up even more space. Once I have money again, I plan on buying a nice portable DVD player to keep in the far corner for movies, demos or whatever I feel like watching. :)Photo: Another boring picture, but it shows how much storage room I have. There's a lip around the top of the entire studio that's perfect shelving for items such as frit, goldstone, enamels and anything else I can think of! It keeps things out of the way, but always easy to find!Photo: Another shot of my torch area, but I wanted to also include the range hood, so you could see where my presses are being stored. The hood provides a great shelf for storage, and keeps everything easily within reach. Heh heh....can you spot the Venezuelan cookies in the picture? I was munching on those while taking pictures. :)Photo: After the shed was built, we had a bad storm where TONS of rain water poured in through my main window.  I was afraid my paint job would be ruined, but luckily it was fine.  Not too long after the storm, I made some shutters using scrap wood, which you can see in this picture. This has helped save my walls and windows during many a storm!Photo: My studio!  <3