92 Photos - May 21, 2013
Photo: Look at that smile!! ^___________^Photo: While Rayne was asleep, I was busy making...Photo: Placing all the possible materials that would be used for this project on my desk.Photo: Placing all the possible materials that would be used for this project on my desk.Photo: Photo: Sketch #1. I was really aiming to use the strainer for the outer ring of the reactor. I bought it for around PHP 10 (Philippine Peso) at a budget store near our home.Photo: Sketch #2. Since I don't have the power tools that I need and I only have the strainer to begin with and because I don't have a good material for the outer ring, I thought of maximizing the strainer, drill 9 rectangular holes around where the copper wires will be placed.Photo: Found this one in my toolbox. This would be a good part of the core and will be placed at the center.Photo: Little speakers. I decided on using the bigger one.Photo: Marking the guides for the rectangular holes.Photo: 9V battery connector/snap.Photo: 12V LED Strip. I have decided to use LED strip during the inception of this project. The strip will avoid much of the soldering and will make the final output clean. I got this for free from the Motor Parts Supply shop of my brother-in-law.Photo: So I got a small, broken, old electric fan from my parents house and disassembled it. The copper wires will be used for the coil winding.Photo: Motor and coils from a small, old electric fan.Photo: Motor and coils from a small, old electric fan.Photo: Testing the LED strip out.

I was excited to test the strip and see how it looks like. The 12V strip was powered by a 9V battery. The output is acceptable especially in low-light condition.Photo: Testing the LED strip out. 

I was excited to test the strip and see how it looks like. The 12V strip was powered by a 9V battery. The output is acceptable especially in low-light condition.Photo: Testing the LED strip out. 

I was excited to test the strip and see how it looks like. The 12V strip was powered by a 9V battery. The output is acceptable especially in low-light condition.Photo: Thought of putting a LED at the center but decided to take it out.Photo: The speaker as part of the reactor's core.

Removed the magnet, dust cap, and cone. Also removed the spider, lead wires, voice coil after taking this photo. Leaving just the basket.Photo: Nice look but it will make the reactor bulky. Decided not to use it.Photo: Now the first three parts together. Looks like it fits...Photo: Still thinking where to put the LEDs...Photo: Still thinking where to put the LEDs...Photo: Still thinking where to put the LEDs...Photo: Still thinking where to put the LEDs...Photo: Photo: Ouch!Photo: Let's see if adding these Op Amps would make it look better...Photo: Photo: These Op Amps (SOIC package) were samples I got from On Semi years ago.Photo: Photo: My office mate/team mate +Richard got excited when he heard about the project and volunteered to drill the rectangular holes using Rotacraft Variable Speed Mini Rotary Tool Kit (http://goo.gl/paHDd). Thank you +Richard for helping me out! :)Photo: Now time to put on the coil winding. My work was not so clean that is why I need my wife +Hannah to help. :)Photo: Photo: Photo: My wife +Hannah completed the rest of the coil winding. Very clean. :-)Photo: Now trying out my mug cover as the base.Photo: It's very thick and bulky.Photo: So I got a cup/mug with a rubber cover as a Christmas gift from my manager a couple of years back.

I thought of using the rubber cover as the base. I think this is better because it is safe when it touches Rayne's skin in case he would like to wear the reactor under his shirt.Photo: Photo: Putting the OpAmps back...Photo: Decided to take them out because the coils will not be emphasized.Photo: Back view.Photo: Photo: Photo: Photo: Testing the LEDs again...Photo: Photo: Now this looks better. Decided to place the LED strip facing inside the core. With this orientation, the blue light diffuses to the white plastic surface at the center, which produces an acceptable effect.Photo: This opening is too tight for the string that I planned to insert here. So I cut part of it. The string would hold the reactor and would be worn around my son's neck.Photo: Done putting a string to be worn around Rayne's neck.Photo: 90% done.Photo: Iron Man 3 posters in Rayne's room.Photo: While Rayne was asleep, I tried to have a quick look. Looks good on him! Wait 'til morning comes.  :-)Photo: Photo: OK this pic was taken after I surprised him around noon time. Here's his first Iron man pose! :-)

Hmmm... looks like the Repulsor will be the next project. :-)Photo: Photo: Looking for a dark room to show Rayne that the LEDs are working. We tested it inside the bathroom! :)Photo: Look at that smile!! ^___________^Photo: Father-and-son pic! :-)Photo: Happy Rayne!Photo: Finishing it up...

Some housekeeping using electrical tape.Photo: More tweaks to go. Added another LED strip on the 'outer ring'.Photo: Photo: Photo: Photo: Final housekeeping by +Hannah.Photo: Testing the core with the added outer ring LED strip.Photo: Photo: Photo: Photo: Testing it out inside the bathroom again.Photo: Photo: Strong!Photo: Iron Man is strong!Photo: Rayne showing it off to his little brother, Maven +Maven's Heart Fund (https://www.facebook.com/mavensheartfund).Photo: Photo: Photo: Photo: Now time to watch Iron Man 3!Photo: Lighting it up while inside the movie house! :-).Photo: Lighting it up while inside the movie house! :-).Photo: Lighting it up while inside the movie house! :-).Photo: Mama as Pepper Potts and Rayne as Iron Man.Photo: Mama as Pepper Potts and Rayne as Iron Man.Photo: Mama as Pepper Potts and Rayne as Iron Man.Photo: I did the drawing. My son Rayne did the coloring.Photo: Photo: Photo: Photo: Loading and embedding J.A.R.V.I.S. into the Arc Reactor... :P...