Initially Ramnagar College was housed in the school-building of Depal Baneswar Charubala Vidyamandir. In those critical days, the founder Principal, Sri Sripati Charan Pradhan along with some benevolent charitable persons and land-donors including some teachers, non-teaching personalities and Local youths who came forward and took initiatives with missionary sprit and dedicating outlook to establish this college. Among the principal organizers of this college, mention may be made of Sri Nanda Kishore Ghosh, Barat -Law (the then President of the college), Prof Rampada Panigrahi, Sri Surendranath Sahu, Ex-Headmaster, Depal Baneswar Charubala Vidyamandir, Sri Hemanta Kumar Dutta, M. L.A., Sri Anil Kumar Pradhan, Late Dr Lakhsmi Charan Pal, Late Balaram Das, Prof Manomohan Maity, Late Rameswar Panigrahi, Sri Himangshu Shekher Samanta, Sri Lakhsmikanta Das, Sri Jagannath Phraraj, Ex-Headmaster, Paniparul Mukteswar High School, Late Dr Mriganka Shekher Maity, Late Abinash Chandra Das, Late Bankim Chandra Maity, Sri D. C. Sarkar, B. D. 0., Ramnagar-II, Late P. B. Maity, B. D. 0 Ramnagar-I, Sri Aditya Chandra Kol, S. D. 0., Contai, the Administrator of Digha, Sri Dipak Kr Ghosh, the D. M., Midnapore and many others. The college owes its glorious birth to the sincere and active leadership of Leadership of Sri Sripati Charan Pradhan who collected donation in cash and procured a land of 17 bighas from the gracious and kind-hearted local donors of whom Sripati Charan Pradhan himself and Late Prafulla kumar Patra need a special-mention. On this land, on the auspicious day of Rathajatra i.e., 02.07.1973, the foundation stone of this college laid down by Dr S. N. Sen, the former Honourable Vice Chancellor, Calcutta University.
THE COLLEGE AT A GLANCE
Year of Establishment: 06.09.1972
• Year of U.G.C. Recognition : 08.11.1976
• U.G.C. Recognition Number : F8 - 21/77(CP) dated - 14.02.1977
• Affiliation : Vidyasagar University, Medinipur, Paschim Medinipur
• Campus Area : 7,927 Sq mts
• S J Building : 1,050 Sq mts
• M P Building : 859 Sq mts
• Science Building : 1,968 Sq mts
• Library Building : 549 Sq mts
• Office Building : 627 Sq mts
• Number of Students (2014-15) : 2745
• No of Teacher(including Approved Part-time & Guests) : 95
• No of Non-Teaching Staff including Casual Staff : 30
• No of Library Staff including Casual Staff : 05
• Hostel Staff including Casual Staff : 05
• No of Departments : 21
• No of Books in the Library : More than 19,000
• Playground : Two only
• N.S.S. units: 4 Units having volunteer strength 200.
• N.C.C. unit: Coy No 2/46 under 46 Bengal BN NCC, Contai.
• Hostels: Boys' Hostel with a capacity of 30 Students, Girls' Hostel will function from next Academic Session.