1) Post in the correct category. If you don't, it's an instant ban.
2) Don't troll or flame. If you, for instance, don't like Smogon, keep it to yourself. This includes flaming a troll. Taking their bait still makes you a flamer. Punishment is a ban.
3) Don't ask for moderator. This makes you look dumb, and, in the long run, makes you less likely to be picked as a moderator in the future. You won't be punished for this unless you do it a lot.
4) Keep your posts at least 5 minutes apart. In other words, don't flood the community with spam. Spam also includes "Reshare or die, +1 Comment and Reshare," or any post begging for likes and reshares. This will result in a ban.
5) Racism, sexism, homophobia, etc, will result in an instant ban.
6) If you think you have been punished unfairly, contact a moderator. Tell them what you were banned for and why you think you should be unbanned. You might be let back into the community.
7) If you see someone breaking the rules, tag a moderator in the comments. We will decide if that post should be removed or if the poster should be banned.