and +Ghazaleh Chitsaz
- I can perhaps help.
1) For German practice, do three things:
a) Join the community "Language Practice Hangouts" (search for it and request to join)
b) Add +German Practice Hangouts
page to any circle other than "Following".
c) Go to LanguagePracticeHangouts.com/calendar to see the announced schedule of German (and other languages) sessions.
2) There are many great people to circle for help in using Google+. Sounds like you're already catching the differences between G+ and FB. Search for your interests, you'll find posts that are relevant. Circle people whom you find interesting. Engage (comment on, +1 posts or other comments, reshare others content adding your thoughts when you reshare) with posts that interest you. Join communities that interest you - you will find many like-minded people there.
3) Be sure to complete your profile page About section. People want to know a bit about you before they bother adding you to their circles.
4) Ask me any specific questions you might have.
5) Enjoy this new world you've just stumbled across. Some of us have been here for 3 years and don't miss our FB life at all.