About Foss :
The fundamental difference between the movements is in their values, their ways of looking at the world, for the open source movement , the issue of whether software should open source is a practical question, not an ethical one. As one person put it “ open source is a development methodology, free software is social movement “ for the open source movement, non-free software is a suboptimal solution. For the free software movement, non-free software is social problem and free software is the solution.Today the young generation is facing challenging times, While many new opportunities are opening for employment, they also need new skills and Knowledge. The traditional course at higher education level are the engines of knowledge advancement but it is job oriented course related to new area of knowledge and employment which are the most use full ensuring a bright future for the most deserving young generation. In this direction, Foss technologies are very efficient, free of cost ( licence) and are suitable to even large network systems. Further there is no need to paid ( Licence ) fee for the these technologies, once the IT user/students are conversant with these technologies, they can easily take on software projects of their own to earn a handsome amount and an independent entrepreneur or consultant. They will have no need to depend upon others for employment.
This unique program is a one of it's kind initiative of the " foss" awareness campaign in Rajasthan which will develop new skills in the IT user/students within a short of span of months to enhance their employability and earning power a million times.
We believe that encouragement of FOSS will result in:
* Development of the domestic IT industry
* Creation of jobs* Encouragement of skills development and up gradation
* Enable localization of software to Indian languages
* Reduction of India's dependence on monopolistic proprietary software vendors
* Encourage the usage of open standards
* Bridging the digital divide
* Rapid modernization and computerization of India's education system
* Technology up gradation of India's Small and Medium Enterprises
* Efficient usage of budget outlays for e-government
* Faster technology development through Collaborative Innovation.