This community is for anyone who is learning English or wants to improve their English. Teachers are also welcome.
You can practise your English by communicating with other members, including native speakers of English. Feel free to ask grammar and vocabulary questions, or simply join in a general discussion.
The group is moderated by Stuart Cook, an English teacher at Speakspeak.com, and by Bill Davis.
Our rules and guidelines:
– Please do not promote other communities – such posts will be removed.
– Do not repeatedly self-promote (links to your own site, blog, etc). Organisations / schools that post only about their own services will have all posts removed.
– Do not post material that you've posted to more than one other community.
– Please do not make posts on controversial topics such as religion or politics; we respect your right to your beliefs, but this community is not the place for that.
– Please correct other members' English only when they request it in their post.
– Please post and comment only in English, and post links to pages which are in English (so we can all understand.)
– No hateful, derogatory or argumentative posts or comments will be tolerated.
– Images with philosophies, quotations, words of wisdom, etc. – each user may post only ONE such image per day.
NOTE: . We are trying an experiment. Any new request for membership in Learn English must be approved, and will not be automatically accepted. This is an attempt to deal with the growing problem of fake spam/porn/bot accounts. Thanks for your understanding. All legitimate accounts will be accepted quickly and gladly! Everyone is welcome here.
Note: we will not accept members who have "restricted" profiles (i.e. moderators cannot see their posts.)