This is a community created for programmers. Here you can share ideas and projects, talk about programming languages, and more.
I think sharing ideas and improvements is vital in a group of programmers, for that reason, the main objective of this community is to improve ourselves: if I know something and share it with you, the chances are you'll learn something or gain skills, and vice versa.
In this community we RESPECT each other, no matter our differences. No racism or harassment will be tolerated, but immediately reported.
Also, some of us will have bigger or smaller knowledge on topics, please support and teach those with smaller knowledge; I won't tolerate people saying things like "you're just a kid who has no idea of programming!!".
1. CATEGORIES: Please post under the right category. If the corresponding programming language or topic does not appear in the categories list, post under the "other/not specific" and make a suggestion for a change under the "community suggestions" category.
Please give details and be specific, otherwise I will totally ignore it.
2. EXPECT: Beware of the questions and polls you make. Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer from: if you ask "why do you people hate 'reshare/like if' posts?" Expect answers like "they're annoying" or "because they are spam" (they really are).
3. OFF-TOPIC: There IS an "off-topic/shitposting" category. Do NOT overuse it. It's not this community's point.
4. CHECK before posting: we all make mistakes and it's better to double-check things to make sure they're right. If you realise you made a mistake on a post, correct it and make sure to inform the rest.
5. REFERENCES: If you post other people's work, make sure you credit them and have the author's permission before posting.
- link to the original work.
- link to the author's profile in that website.
- tag them on Google+ (if possible)
6. EVIDENCE: Some people may think that I don't check. Well, I DO; and I am SO strict with evidence. If you think someone's post is stolen, check. If it is, tag me and provide evidence about it. Do NOT tag me and tell it's stolen if they have already say it's not their own work as in rule number 5.
7. RESPECT: As I said before, here we respect each other no matter differences, opinions, culture, religious beliefs, or anything else. Absolutely no harassment of any kind will be tolerated; instead, the post or comment will be reported, removed and depending on the severity of the situation and my mood, chances are you'll probably get banned.
8. SPAM: No spam will be accepted, and your post or comment will be removed.
9. MODERATING: Do NOT beg to be a moderator, it's a waste of time for both of us.
You'll only get to be a moderator if I see that your behaviour is sensible and logical. If you get to be a moderator, I'll inform you and email the moderator rules to you.
Any questions, tag me and ask.
⬇ Useful links are listed here. ⬇