FIR episode 9 is ready for your podcast listening pleasure. Joining host Shel Holtz for this week's conversation are Dr. Nora Ganim-Barnes (the driving force behind the annual studies of Fortune and Inc. 500 social media use), Flatiron Communications President Peter Himler, and Ron Ploof, former head of social media at Epson, the podcaster behind Griddlecakes Radio, and creator of the StoryHow Pitch Deck.
Topics covered include...
* The good and bad of social media in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris
* The decline of blogging among the Fortune 500, and the adoption of Glassdoor.com as a business social media channel
* The kinds of things PR practitioners need to know in order to thrive in today’s digital/online environment
* How the University of Missouri handled protests and the resignations of its president and chancellor
* UPitch, the new app touted as “Tindr for media relations” — will journalists use it?
* A new report shows the financial impact on publishers of ad-blocking software
* How readers reacted to The New York Times’ distribution of Google Cardboard Virtual Reality kits, and the VR native ads that accompanied the Times’ VR story on children refugees
* Starbucks’ strategy of staying virtually silent in the wake of a controversy over its 2015 holiday-themed cups
* Dan York’s reporthttp://firpodcastnetwork.com/fir-9-media-relations-theres-an-app-for-that/