This group is to create greater awareness for Waze, the free social GPS turn-by-turn navigation software for iOS, Blackberry, Android and Symbian phones.
Malaysia already has 1.18 million users as of 21/12/2012.
This group will keep you up-to-date with latest developments on Waze, be it new version, capabilities and map development.
Please spread the word about the advantages of Waze vs regular GPS tools like Garmin and TomTom, which besides price (Waze is free), worldwide map availability (Waze works all around the world) is also in it's realtime traffic updates which is being done in the background whilst you're driving.
All content on Waze maps is created by users (Wazers) themselves, please also acknowledge their work.
To download the software direct your mobile directly to: http://m.waze.com
Please be reminded that this group is about Waze, the free social GPS application. Advertisement of any kind will be removed immediately and person posting will be kicked out. Just happened again to someone. OT postings will be checked if there is a relevance and maybe deleted as well but no kick for poster (unless it's happening repeatedly)
Thanks for all the new people joining our Google+ community "Waze in Malaysia". Some quick points to get you started:
1) Please help promote Waze by showing it to your friends and relatives. Show them how easy it is to use and what the benefits are (realtime traffic updates, turn-by-turn navigation, warning of police and JPJ roadblocks). Invite your friends to this community
2) Always turn Waze on when you drive! This not only ensures you will know about accidents, road blocks and jams up front but it also has the benefit that the road situation is updated with your data (anonymous!). If you can, enter WORK and HOME location so Waze is learning automatically your destinations and when you travel there. If you enter a destination (address or POI through Bing, Google Maps or Foursquare) Waze will guide you around traffic situations if it's faster, even if you think you drive home whilst sleeping it will still know traffic better than you (think accidents etc.)
3) Read our FAQ about the most common questions about Waze. If you don't find your question in there, please ask (so we answer and add it): https://plus.google.com/u/0/114109562739739750572/posts/UMkf5owojFD
4) If you're interested in helping out improve the map quality, check out the following 5 videos I've done so far explaining how easy it is using the editor:
How to learn map editing on Waze
Part 1 - Geometry of a road http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAybwyz0aZ8
Part 2 - find correct street and city names easily http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQr6Q_UejJQ
Part 3 - correct road classification (when to use primary road and when to use a minor highway eg) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw0FI4tY0LU
Part 4 - solving map problems (wrong junction, routing not good) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyabC4KaKGU
Part 5 - deleting hidden roads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHhoMdMuIdA
5) Check out how to determine which city name to use (no Taman names, no state added): https://plus.google.com/u/0/114109562739739750572/posts/8NhtNCpPwuZ
7) Road classification is important too, eg all Exxxx are either Freeways or Major Highways:
8) If you have trouble with battery draining by using Waze, check out this document to find out how to avoid this:
9) Report only fixed speed/red light cameras. If you see police with speed gun or JPJ roadblock, report it as police and use comment field.
Many thanks in advance, always safe drive,
Country Manager Malaysia, Brunei and Singapore - Working for free to improve Waze
Rank No 1 in Malaysia