Post is pinned.Post has attachment
I'm so pleased with these ­čśŐ
A Christmas present for my sister...´╗┐
Photo

Post has attachment
Hello !!!´╗┐
Photo

Post has attachment
I've had a break from knitting the seal (aka the beard!) to knit this for a friend´╗┐
Photo

Post has attachment
It's all done, almost two weeks ago but took my time blocking and adding the buttons. It doesn't fit the way I'd like so I'm gifting it! I'm fortunate enough to have the perfect skirt to go with it, hope she does too. Really sad it's not for me but I think she'll love it.
So proud of myself anyway!´╗┐
Photo

Post has attachment
Ready!´╗┐
Photo

Post has attachment
I made this cowl for my LYS yarns are Universal Yarns Bamboo Bloom Handpaints Emperor and Classic Shades Grapevine. Pattern is Hanasaku´╗┐
Photo

Post has attachment
Any fans of the afterthought heel for socks? I'm doing the Hermione's Everyday Socks pattern with Crazy Zauberball. I got through turning the heel and started the gusset when I realized I was going to have a terrible color change on the top of the foot (shown here). So I'm now frogging back to before the heel flap. I haven't tried the afterthought heel before, but this seems like the right occasion for it. Wish me luck! ´╗┐
Photo

One of my life's knitting goals is to find the perfect jumper pattern. It has taken an awful lot of experimentation, and pullovers made from crappy stash yarn that will never be used for anything else, even before I tried making something that is to be worn in public - but I am a lot closer to achieving my goal.

Being overweight with cannonballs for breasts means that all the basic 'rectangle' patterns where you do basically no shaping at all leaves me with huge, bulging folds of fabric under the armpits and a dreadful drape. So I tried making semi-set in sleeves for my current prototype pullover, and I am delighted that it has worked so well.

Which is not to say that there weren't other problems with the results - I put a vertical stripe of pattern set to one side, and it is definitely in the wrong place. And the neck is too tight, too (although I can get it over my head, so it's not going to be frogged. It'll probably stretch. I will definitely adjust the pattern for next time.). The sleeves, also, are too big for the bodice (another pattern adjustment there.).

I sewed it all up this afternoon (even though this is February in Australia, which means that it is late summer and definitely not pullover weather), and despite the design problems mentioned above - which is why I'm not posting a photo of it - I am feeling very pleased with myself. ´╗┐

Post has shared content
Finished "Technicolor Majesty" crocheted Afghan. The tail on the Afghan is made with individual feathers. #peacock #crochet #afghan #crochetersofinstagram #selfishcrafting #makersgonnamake #handmadewithlove #keepcreating´╗┐
Photo

Post has attachment
I am working from my stash and I found this beauty. It's Casablanca by Cascade Yarns. I just used a basic shawl pattern. I made it for my Etsy shop but my God I want to keep it´╗┐
PhotoPhotoPhoto
2/16/17
3 Photos - View album
Wait while more posts are being loaded