Digital Managing Editor
Exciting opportunity for editor to help build the next great digital media outlet for science lovers. 3 to 5 years’ experience. The Digital Managing Editor will oversee day to day operations and editorial flow of science based website and social media. This includes the creation and management of content. A strong science communication background is a must, with a pulse on current events and engaging editorial in the science world.
The candidate will work closely with the video production and social media team, so strong communication skills, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines are essential.
The candidate will also contribute to the website by creating long form articles on a regular basis. A strong working knowledge and experience in managing social media accounts and a news based website are required along with a strong editorial eye
• Exceptional writing and editorial skills
• Strong interest in Science and Tech
• Create and manage written content that is posted several times a day across multiple platforms, and coordinate with video producers
• Develop and adapt content based on audience demand
• Monitor and analyze website statistics to adjust content accordingly
• Create strategizes to increase audience size and reach
• Develop workflows for video team, social media team, and freelance contributors
• Utilize Search Engine Optimization
• Manage editorial calendar
• Working knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, and AP style
• Exceptional knowledge of driving traffic across multiple platforms
• Graphic Design experience
• Technical knowledge of website maintenance
• Previous experience at other science or news based digital publications
Candidate must live in the Philadelphia area or be willing to relocate. Please include resume, cover letter, writing samples, and any relevant links to your work. Send materials to email@example.com. Thanks!