THE SHOWCASE GALLERY: Category is used by the moderators to recognize and display the administration's choice of member's best contemporary work.
COVER PHOTO: The community cover photo is selected from the SHOWCASE GALLERY and is rotated.
PINNED POSTS: Posts are selected from the SHOWCASE GALLERY and pinned for further recognition of member's work.
ARTIST OF THE MOTH: At the end of each month the artist with the highest number of + 1s is awarded as Artist of the month.
PLEASE CONSIDER: Posts must be of a contemporary art, architecture and design, and themes and styles must be current. Photography: snapshots vs art: snapshots generally lack the additional elements of "art" and are not the objective of the community. Please consider the overall artistic quality before posting.
1. Title Area format is GALLERY-STYLE. Provide only the title, optional medium and dimensions, credit for original artist if not yourself, provide additional information,
2. No spam, or direct sales. Re-share/posts from other communities are not allowed even if they are your own works. Post as an original post. Please post your artwork directly to this community. Posting of linked images is not permitted.
3. 3 posts each day (24-23 hrs) only. Up to 3 works.
4. Posting other artist work: credit the artist in the title section and provide the published title. Copyright infringement is not tolerated. Do not use re-share/post format. All works must be displayed as original posts.
5. Be excellent to one another! A community is about friendship, openness and helping each other out. No harsh, foul, demeaning or overly critical language is allowed, porn and violent images are prohibited, our aim is a safe community for families and children that encourages creativity. Members violating the rules may see their posts deleted without comment. Violations may also result in loss of posting or banning from the community without prior notice based on the subjective evaluation of the moderators.
Explore the Definition of Contemporary Art.
What is the Contemporary Art?
Contemporary art is more about change than about a static style. When an artist transforms materials, words, sounds, color, light and forms into artworks, that process and the completed works can help us understand ourselves better and connect us to the human spirit. "We don’t simply think outside of the box. We don’t recognize the existence of the box. Contemporary art contains the dynamism and energy of the current world, and is about hybrid styles, mediums, technology helping to expand its tools while the works explore conceptual, political, social, environmental and other cerebral ideas, “Everything now is hybrid, and so interwoven with mass culture and technology,” Richard Meyer.