Thank you all for coming and launching the Dallas Data Brewery Meetup. The balance of backgrounds ranging from technical to business was great. I hope that the Meetup will give you opportunity to share knowledge, give answers to your questions or connect with people that can provide additional insights.
Topics that we touched yesterday that might be of interest for a further discussions:
* Understanding of requirements and end-user expectations.
* Data modeling – why and how to do it?
* Understanding datamarts – from purpose, through design to their use
* Report utilization and "over-reporting"
* Data governance and master data management - "why?"
* Missing documentation and knowledge of existing data
* Mistaken perception of data quality
* Misinterpretation of data
* Data governance and master data management - "how?"
* Ad-hoc queries
* Surrogate keys
* Natural language processing for data analysis
* Data preservation
* Numerical vs. categorical data
* Analytics on transactional processing (in real time) #dallas #data #datawarehouse #businessintelligence