May 2016 Illinois Criminal Case List Now Available For Download
The May 2016 case list features...http://illinoiscaselaw.com/may-16-illinois-criminal-case-list-now-available/
- Hands down the most controversial DUI case we've seen in awhile. It involves a logically reasoned decision accurately interpreting precedent...and completely ignores what happens in real life. (Hey, don't take my word for it; check it out for yourself.)
- This real life text from a Defendant in an interrogation room: "Busted!!!!! Don't text back or call. In police station. Springfield."
- An unconstitutional as applied challenge to the definition of "household member" that the defense actually wins.http://illinoiscaselaw.com/may-16-illinois-criminal-case-list-now-available/
- From SCOTUS a Batson challenge won by the defense featuring appellate prosecutor arguments that had even the conservative judges questioning the State's veracity.
- An answer to the question if it is ever legal for prisoners to possess a shank when detained in a dangerous and hostile prison.
- A search and seizure/DUI case featuring a battle for credibility between defendant's wife and numerous police officers. Judge believed the lady. (The case involved the cops pushing their way into a home then coming into court and saying she let them in.)
- A case that may have prosecutors rethinking how they handle gun prosecutions.
- A judge who gets his sentencing decision reversed because he failed to say these "magic words".
- ... another medical doctor-sexual assault case (we also had one last month)!
Listen to the 29 minute 44 second podcast and get your copy of the May 2016 case list by clicking below:http://illinoiscaselaw.com/may-16-illinois-criminal-case-list-now-available/Show