DungeonStocking! has reached v1.0!FINALLY!
You'll find a full magic item table, interesting gems, coins, treasure, woods, magic and non-magic weapons, armor and more!
Need a 500 room dungeon stocked yesterday? You can have one in under three seconds (10 if you're on a netbook).
It outputs the rooms as a simple text file that you can send or take anywhere.
Best of all: The data files are _changeable_!
Don't like having guns appear in your treasure rolls? Whack'em from the \data\weapons\weapon_type.csv file.
Have some awesome weapons that aren't included? Toss 'em in!
Need more gems? (there are 74 already, with 25 different styles of cut and full descriptions of both so you're not left wondering just what the heck a 'Jasper' looks like, or a Cabochon cut is), but if that's not enough, just keep adding 'em until your fingers bleed.
Tired of handing out yet another
boring old 'Necklace, Silver'? How about a set of Prayer Beads, Golden, with a soft glow of magic? Or maybe a Body Ring or Stud, with Geometric carvings that magically produces a wonderful fresh scent? Yup. You'll get those, and about a billion more combinations too.
Don't like Prayer Beads? Axe 'em. Think the list of Jeweled items is too short? Add'em in, they'll start showing up immediately.
Many, many MANY thanks go to +Courtney Campbell
, who's been making the best OSR gaming supplements on the Net for a good long time. DungeonStocking fully implements his wonderful PDF Interesting Treasure
, available here: http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.com/2010/11/treasure-update.html
The next version will be implementing the equally wonderful Tricks, Empty Rooms and & Basic Trap design
. So, you'll have stuff
in those empty rooms, the traps will be fully stated out, and the Specials will be weird and wonderful!
Other wonderfulnesses to look forward to are:
1. (v2)Changing the format to a sentence-based structure from the nested one it has now.
2. (v2) Monsters! As usual, taken straight from a .csv file so you can add, subtract and delete to your heart's content.
3. (v2) The wonderful +Tim Ballew
's DungeonWords and WilderWords to give you awesome ideas as to the theme
of the room.
4. (v3) More treasure tables to select and choose from! Right now it's using the B/X derived ACKS tables ('cause they were simple to implement), but soon to follow will be Stars Without Number & Other Dust, AD&D 1e, Dark Sun and the Rules Cyclopedia.
5. (v3) Tech Levels: Don't like Gonzo Sci-fi chocolate in your Pseudo-Medieval peanutbutter? Select Tech Level 1. Running a stone-age campaign? Select Tech Level 0. Running full SWN or OtherDust? Tech Level 5 is for you.
6. (v4) Web implementation. After the rest of this stuff is done, the next big step is to format the output as HTML and let people run it from a server.
Want to see what it looks like? First comment in the primary post is some sample output.
Have at, have fun! The program is GPL'd and all the text is CC-BY-SA, so do what you like with all of it, it's yours.