A game that I've designed was picked up by a publisher about a year and a half past. It's now on Kickstarter and has already funded! We have 23 days left, but I really want to hit some stretch goals, so any re-sharing, backing, comments, hash tagging with #swamped
or what have you are all very welcome. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1839615594/swamped-a-game-of-adventure-secrets-and-deadly-per/
Swamped is a 2-4 player, semi-cooperative game that I designed. It takes 20-30 minutes to play and is great for ages 13+, although my 9 year old daughter routinely steals the win from me. The game is just $12, plus $2 shipping to the US, $6 to Canada and $10 to the rest of the world.
Swamped falls broadly into the microgram classification with 35 cards and 2 tokens in the base game. But there’s a whole lot of game stuffed into these components. We pretty much took everything we love about bigger, more expensive games, got rid of the fluff and the cruft and kept the fun and the in-a-good-way stressful decisions.
Below this I’ve included a more detailed description of the game. There is also a brand new image on the KS page showing everything that comes in the box. Dennis from +Bellwether Games, Jonathan from +Lumné and I have put a ton of work into refining, honing and polishing to bring you what we think is a fun, deep and rewarding experience in a half hour game. Please consider backing.
You’ve been hired to collect a rare herb found deep in the heart of one of the world’s most deadly swamps. Together with your newly acquainted team, you must navigate this dangerous environment in a tiny boat to find the legendary plant before night falls or something more sinister finds you first…
There are 6 core elements that make Swamped incredibly fun and a surprisingly unique gaming experience:
1. Player-shared pieces: All players share ownership of the same tiny boat in the swamp, so the actions of any one player impact every other player directly.
2. Secret and shared objectives: Everyone knows the main objective, but each player also has a hidden goal that might lead the whole expedition into deadly peril!
3. Player controlled game-length: Players can speed-up or slow-down the game depending on their preference.
4. Surprise ending: It is unlikely that anyone can know with 100% certainty who has won the game before each player's secret objective is revealed, leading to an exciting reveal at the very end!
5. Efficient use of physical components: Despite its small size (35 cards and 2 pieces), most cards have multiple uses and orientations leading to a surprisingly rich gaming experience.
6. Variable game map: As players move deeper into the swamp, the swamp expands from the action card deck, opening up unique adventure opportunities every time you play.