Moving from ME to WE #noemail
Heads up thought leaders, change agents, social catalysts, digital strategists, enterprise experts - here's Friday's top tip: spend 30 minutes reviewing this insightful conversation in which +Luis Suarez
and +Claire Burge
discuss how to help organisations make significant transformations in culture and individual behaviour by focusing on the role email should (not) play within the workplace.
Within the discussion Luis and Claire share their own top three issues with email; the key points included:
1. Email creates a dumber workforce; the system is making us stupid. 03:02
2. Email is a very selfish tool; it's not centred around the team. 05:01
3. Email doesn't actually help people to focus on getting work done. 07:19
4. The heavy reliance on email for communication and project work is a disaster waiting to happen. 09:15
5. Email should not be a system used to manager employees as restricted the desire to share knowledge. 10:46
6. Email is no longer a productivity tool in the 21st century; work today is multi-dimensional. 12:41
And a question to ponder:How reliant is your organisation on email and what impact is it having on overall productivity?
You can also keep abreast of upcoming events by following the #noemail
tag here and on Twitter. Thanks to both Luis and Claire for sharing such compelling reasons for organisations to focus on the terror that is the corporate inbox.#workingsmarter #change #email #transformation #behavior #ceo #leadership