I have been hard at work on my Arduino code for my robot. First I built a base program that allowed me to start/stop execution of my code with a momentary push button. Then I refactored it to use Simon Monk's Timer library so I could have an async environment (even if it was only simulated, Arduino's can't multitask after all...). Then I added in the SerialDebugger library to make it easier to debug things (because println is the ultimate debugging tool...).
With that as my platform (which is kick ass if you ask me), I designed a robot with a HC-SR04 ultrasound sensor for distance sensing, tied it to my Arduino Motor Shield, added some logic to drive the motors...and finally my first real robot. YouTube video forthcoming in the near future.
Still need to get better sensors (HC-SR04's suck), add more sensors (oblique obstacles are problematic), add more motor feedback (driving in a semi-straight line is hard and getting stuck and not reversing direction sucks), and of course, better logic. But I have plans for all of those! I'm just glad to have something up and running finally. It makes it much easier to iterate when there is something to iterate on.