I read a fair bit of that information you linked to. Thanks for the link. It's very clear that system cleaners are useless, and also that CM collect data for targetted advertising through their apps. Like I said, QuickPic is now 'free' software. It used to be free software. Now it's 'free', just like Google's 'free' software.
What more users in this community are focusing the hate on is CM — the company. I don't understand why but? They are a company, a business, that wants to make money. They've already spent millions to get to what they are now, it says it all there in the article linked to in the forum posts. It says they are going to collect data from their app users' devices to do more targetted advetising. I don't aee why people are blowing up about this? It has to be spmething to do with their reputation as a company, but what do they do to earn that reputation? Yeah, ok, snake oil apps. But most people are suckers — why? Because they don't want to do what I just did. Ask for rferences to claims about things then, go, and actually read those references and learn from them.
What I've learnt so far:
1. QuickPic app was bought by CM (can't complain, devs free will, don't like it? Too bad.)
2. People hate about 1. Why? Because of CM. (Question why?)
3. CM make snake oil apps (ok, don't be dumb and don't install them. QuickPic — so far — is not snake oil. It actually does something useful. Be cautious about it.)
4. CM has publicly identified as a data mining and advertisment company. (Obviously they are gathering data from their app users. Many companies do this. It doesn't mean they are evil?)
5. Unless there is some other reason CM has such a bad reputation, I don't know why they are so evil? Do they steal our credit card numbers or identities? Maybe they can or will in the future? Don't know. Has it happened before? If yes, please post references so I can read them.