Welcome to the LARP Academia Community.
The LARP Academia Community has been created for academic discussion and networking within the worldwide LARP hobby, regardless of genre or style. This community is open to those taking their first steps into the academic exploration of the LARP hobby to those who've been recognized as LARP academicians. Any manner of discussion is welcome in this community, be it on theory to rules design to organizing or running a LARP with the focus being an academic exploration of the topics brought up.
Community members are asked to adhere to these guidelines:
- Community members may be from any part of the world. Topics brought up through this community can be posted to any other communities or groups for outside opinion should such be desired by any individual.
- The language of this community is English (not going to get picky on British or American, just that it be in English). Special terms may be shared in an individuals native language, but please explain them to community members in plain English, too.
- There is no set discussion leader. We are all leaders of the topics we start or that spin off of existing topics and as community members we are all participants in the discussions that take place. Some individuals may be more 'vocal' than others, and that is okay.
- Discussions in this community are to remain mature, civil, and on topic. Discussions may stray from the original topic, but the key here is that conversations won't stray from the vision and community purpose. Likewise, criticism and opinions are welcome, provided they remain civil and are constructive.
- This community is meant for academic discussion and networking, not for non-academic advertising. It's okay to send out a call for papers or an advertisement for something that folks of an academic nature may find of interest, such as a book release or a heads up about a conference, however please refrain from posting non-academic related advertisements. If you are going to post such an advertisement, please add some contextual information to your posting (particularly if posting a link to a site) as to why members would find the subject matter of interest.
This community's sister Facebook Group is located at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LARPAcademia/