IT IS A PRIVILEGE TO SERVE IN AN AUSTRALIAN PARLIAMENT, NOT A PATHWAY TO A GOLD PLATED PENSION PLAN.
It has to stop somewhere.
In three days, most people in Australia will have this message.
This is one idea that really should be passed around
(proposed) Constitutional Reform Act of 2014
1. For Politicians, Tenure by election & No Pension.
A Politician collects a substantial salary while in office and so should receive no pay when they're out of office.
2. Politicians (past, present & future) participate in their own Superannuation scheme as do all other Australians - the Superannuation Guarantee Administration Act 1992 (SGAA).
All funds in the Politician's retirement fund move to the Centrelink system immediately. Politicians contribute to their superannuation the same way as 'ordinary' Australian people. Contributions may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Politicians can purchase their own retirement plan,
Just as most other working Australians are expected to do.
4. Politicians will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Politicians lose their current health care system and participate in the same health care system as the Australian people. I.e. Either pay for private cover or Medicare.
6. Politicians must equally abide by all laws they impose on the Australian people.
7. All contracts with past and present Politicians are void, effective 31/12/14. The Australian people did not agree to the perks with Politicians.
Politicians made all these contracts for themselves. No entity holds them accountable.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three or so days for most people (in Australia) to receive the message.
Don't you think it's time
If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just delete.
You are one of my 20+ - Please keep it going, and thanks.