I only found this yesterday - but I am already impressed!
First some info:
"Space Jammers is a 1-4 player Co-Op, Top Down, Bullet Hell, Glitch, SHMUP, Rogue-Like, with Online Community Achievements, Unlockables, some persistent elements, weapon crafting and randomly generated levels, bosses, and items. It is a mash-up of several games: Gauntlet/Smash TV and Asteroids/Galaga. Up to four players can play together on one screen, dodging bullets in slow motion.
You play as a band of alien kitten pirates on a music tour. While traveling across the galaxy, your crew stops to raid a ship when they disturb an ancient capsule and are transported to another dimension.
Stay alive long enough to reach the next exit before it closes forever. Will the next portal take you home or some hostile reality filled with deadly fast food products? Grab your ammo and some friends then dive down the rabbit hole with the Space Jammers!"
Coming soon to Windows, Mac OSX, Linux and Android TV
(which is why I was so interested!)
* Top Down Shooting and SHMUP play styles
* Single screen co-op multiplayer (1-4)
* Revive your fallen comrades, the action never stops!
* Each character has unique skills
* Bullet Time
* Random Level Generation
* Assortment of weapons, items and skills
* Level up Skills to gain powerful abilities
* Randomly generated items grant unique effects to play style
* Interchangeable weapons and bullet power-ups
* Randomly generated Bosses
* Endless play
* Keyboard/Mouse and XBox Controller Support
There are even demos up for all formats - again including Android TV!
So go try it out for yourself!
page is here: http://spreadshot.itch.io/space-jammers
and the devs twitter is here: http://twitter.com/SpreadShotDev #indiegame #indiedev #spacejammers #androidtv #roguelike #multiplayer