MARK YOUR CALENDARSA Live Demo of Spaces as Event Pages2 Sept 2016 at 12 Noon Central Daylight time.
It will explain how Google Spaces can be used with YouTube videos to create an alternative to the Event Page which will be going away.
It assumes a basic knowledge of:
A. Setting up Hangouts On Air [ https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2553119?hl=en
B. Setting up YouTube Live Events [ https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853700?hl=en
] (which should not be confused with YouTube Live Streaming-BETA)
1. Go to this link: https://support.google.com/spaces#topic=6392842
2. Read the entire 12 pages before actually starting to create your Space. This will help you understand what you will be doing as you set up your Spaces.
3. Create your Space but DO NOT make any postings in it. Leave it completely empty for now.
4. Go to your YouTube channel.
5. Create your next scheduled YouTube Live Event. Be sure to disable Live Chat under Advanced Settings as you want people commenting in your Space rather than on the YT video.
6. Copy the SHARE link of the Event you just create to your clipboard
7. Return to the Space you created - it can be found at https://spaces.google.com/?smr=true
8. Use the Link icon and paste in the SHARE link from your clipboard.
9. Add whatever text you like in the dialogue box and then post it as the first post in your Space.
10. Use the INVITE link to get the URL of the Space and share it however you like to promote it and have others join you during your live event.
A person must have a Google Account to access your Spaces. If they don't have one and try to join they will be prompted to set one up.
A profile can have 100 Spaces
A Space can have a maximum of 500 members