Just some general comments on this release:
- the swipe to hide gesture seems to be a fair bit too sensitive right now, as it is very easy to trigger when trying to quickly scroll through the main page, and interrupts the scroll motion. I find that I have to scroll very carefully now to avoid triggering it.
- As you scroll on the main page, there is some noticeable lag as each new thread is loaded (on my device, Nexus 4). This is very obvious when the last 5 replies are showing, but still seems to persist a bit even with them disabled. I would have to assume that this is because the thumbnail size for the threads has been increased.
- As a tie in to the previous point, having the larger thumbnails means that on a 4.7" display, only up to 3 threads are visible at a time. This is down from about 5 threads with the previous "card" size, which (in my opinion) looked nicer and was more functional. If you are using the "show last replies" option, only one thread will be visible at a time. More often than not, this is mostly filled with whitespace as each box for the 5 replies has room for 3-4 lines of text, and the thread itself has the larger preview thumbnail as mentioned above.
- The left handed scroll bar is a bit of a strange choice as appears on top of images. It is also a bit un-intuitive as it is the only application I have ever seen to put it on that side. I haven't heard the reasoning behind that design choice though, so I might have just missed something that made sense.
- Lastly, not related to this release in particular, but currently the slider for "cache size" uses the total storage size of the device as its maximum. On devices with a large amount of storage (even 16GB in my case) it becomes very difficult to select a cache size anywhere in between 32MB and 1000MB. It might make more sense to have a more reasonable maximum for that slider, even if it had a max of 1GB, I can't see more people wanting to have a larger cap than that.
Just a few thoughts from my personal experience with this release.