Welcome to this community on Black and White Fine Art photography. Since it's not always clear what fine art photography is I've come up with this definition adopted from Wikipedia: "Fine art photography refers to photographs that are created in accordance with the creative vision of the photographer as artist. Fine art photography stands in contrast to photojournalism, which provides a visual account for news events, and commercial photography, the primary focus of which is to advertise products or services"
Let me add to that: Black and White Fine art only for this group. Colors or selective coloring will not be accepted and removed.
So how do I decide if a photo is fine art or not?
The following are my main criteria, but it is to the discretion of the moderator to decide in a highly subjective and eclectic way:)
b. It must reflect a personal vision and has a personal look and feel to it.
c. The more the photo doesn't reflect reality the more it tends to be originating from a personal artistic vision the more it can be considered fine art.
d. Quality - What is quality? I can't answer that but you can read 'Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance by Robert Pirsig' - it's a good read! But quality definitely has a technical component as well. A fine art photo should reflect that too and should be executed in a technical correct way.
If you post or take part in any discussion, please note the following community rules:
1. Black and White only fine art only!
2. Since this is a community feedback of others is very much appreciated. So please don't post and run but take the time to check out the work of others as well and give some feedback.
3. Please post the photos in the appropriate folders (seascapes/architecture, etc.) to make it easier for all of us.
4. To ensure the high quality in this group, please only post your best work.
5. If you want to receive serious critique on your photos then post in the folder Photo Critique. But realize once you post there you will get serious critique!
6. No excessive posting: 2 photos a day is the maximum
7. Unsolicited ads or other promotional announcements will be removed without warning.
8. Upload and share only your own work, reshares of other (undoubtedly talented) photographers don't fit the objective of this community.
9.Community moderators will reserve the right to remove photos if they don't fit the objective of this community or if they are offensive or inappropriate.