Mastering Genealogy Proof
Carol Anne Kuse
Thomas W. Jones, Mastering Genealogy Proof (Arlington, Virginia: National Genealogy Society, 2013), 6
[Book available from the publisher at:http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/masteringgenealogyproof
My Chapter One Homework Assignment:
Question 1: Genealogy is research mainly finding and proving forgotten and/or
unknown people and relationships with as much accuracy as possible.
Question 2: Genealogy Proof Standard consists of five interdependent parts.
1. Reasonably exhaustive search to answer a question.
2. Complete source citations for every piece of information found.
3. Analyze and compare all pieces of information found.
4. Resolve any conflicts between the pieces of information and the
5. A written statement supporting the answer.
Question 3: My first response would probably be Why? Followed by a no.
Question 4: A conclusion cannot be formed without all five elements thus proving.
Thus it is either proven or unproved.
Question 5: The first step is a reasonably exhaustive research to answer questions
about a known person.