Post has attachment
Here's Assignment 11.

I was seeking simplicity while at the same time using the techniques we have learnt. But sometimes simplicity eludes us. I made attempt after attempt, every time ending up with huge file sizes! This is my final attempt.

I also had loads of problems with painting on a mask. One time it would work, one time it wouldn't. I kept replaying the video, repeating each step and not figuring out where I was going wrong. It was highly frustrating.
Photo

Post has attachment
Here's Assignment 12.

I made 3 versions, each time saving to a different layer comp. Fortunately, I had also saved each version in JPEG. Because the layer Comp refused to show any differences in the 2 earlier states!

And I linked/embedded 4 pictures.
PhotoPhotoPhoto
8/12/17
3 Photos - View album

Post has attachment
'From Hot Metal to Cold Type' - Educational Film (1965)

https://typography.guru/video/from-hot-metal-to-cold-type-r44/

This film was created by the International Typographic Union to encourage their members to become more comfortable with the new “Cold Type” technology revolutionizing the typesetting industry.

Starting with an explanation of the hot-metal process, they feature the Intertype Fotosetter and then go through the entire photo-composition process. The film shows camera work, stripping, chemical development, and paste-up. It ends with an aerial view of the ITU building in Colorado Springs, CO.

Post has attachment
Here is Assignment 10.

In the supercar image, I duplicated the supercar itself and blended the 2 layers in Soft Light mode. I then copied, cropped/scaled and rotated the eagle/hawk over the windscreen and top of the supercar. I then selected the bird using magnetic lasso (I had to repeat that 5 times, because scrolling is next to impossible once you zoom in to have a better look at the image - when you try to scroll, the magnetic lasso goes 'mad') and made a layer mask. Next I added satin and drop shadow effects to the bird, duplicated it and blended both layers in Overlay mode. After that I adjusted the Curves for the bird. Finally, I blurred out the background with Iris Blur.

In the giraffe image, after copying and cropping/scaling them, I selected the giraffes using magnetic lasso and made a layer mask. I then rotated the head of the left-hand-side giraffe, using puppet warp. Next, I duplicated the giraffes layer and blended both layers in Overlay Mode. Finally, I adjusted the whites, blacks and midtones in the background layer using Levels.
Photo
Photo
8/9/17
2 Photos - View album

Post has attachment
Typography Day 2018 - Poster & Logo Design Competitions & Call for Papers.

This is being held in Mumbai, India from 1st to 3rd March 2018.

The theme for this year's event is 'Beauty, Form and Function in Typography'.
The event will feature a day of workshops on Typography and Calligraphy followed by two days of conference dedicated to 'Typography and Diversity'.

The logo competition is open to students from all countries, whereas the poster contest is open to all (not just students).

The url is: http://typoday.in

If you have any queries, contact:
typodayjj2018@gmail.com
typographyday@gmail.com
Photo

Post has attachment

Post has attachment
I had a really hard time with this week (hence the late submission). For some reason, my layer comps will not update individually. I have scoured the internet, restarted the program, and updated both my system and the Adobe suite.

Aside from that, I decided to do a flyer for mental health advocacy for parents. I had originally written an article on this for an online publication so I reworked it into a less timeconsuming flyer.
PhotoPhotoPhoto
8/6/17
3 Photos - View album

Post has attachment
Finally, I got around to make the Week 8 FB Assignment.

The profile picture dates back to the winter of 2013, when I was stationed in Afghanistan. The cover picture is a partial cloverleaf exchange 80 miles south-east of New Delhi. The impalas in the picture have been selected using the magnetic lasso tool.
Photo
Photo
8/7/17
2 Photos - View album

Post has attachment
Hi Everyone,

I am sad that this is our last assignment! I have had a wonderful time learning and sharing in the online community. What we learned this week was helpful because I usually save several versions of the same document when I want to try out color or layout changes, this should save some memory on my computer. I chose to make an ad for cell phones that cater to seniors. This idea came to me after being harassed by a "technically challenged" family member who has purchased more phone than is needed. Here are two versions of the ad.
Photo
Photo
8/6/17
2 Photos - View album

Post has attachment
This is my attempt for week 11. I decided to tackle the problem where when people refer to the LGBTQ+ community (both members and not), they usually just mean the L or the G. The letters in "all" are made up of three different pride flags within the community.
Photo
Wait while more posts are being loaded