I read the "NSX design guide v3" and more precisely the part "Slicing Controller Cluster Nodes Roles (p16)".
However , I have not managed to get all the informations and that's why i want to ask you a couple of questions about communications between NSX Controller nodes and any Esxi host :
- Can anybody tell me when is established a control-plane connection between a host and a controller node ?
- Who initiate the connection ? A host or one controller node ?
- And how is established this connection ?
Furthermore, let's assume that one controller node own the logical switch VNI 5000.
show control-cluster logical-switches vni 5000
show control-cluster logical-switches connection-table 5000
show control-cluster logical-switches vtep-table 5000
Only that controller node will give you these 3 informations about that Logical Switch 5000, right ?
These 3 commands will not work on any other controller nodes part of the cluster.
So, my questions are :
- What happend in case of failure of one controller node ? I know that the slices owned by the old one controller node are reassigned to an other controller node. But How ?
- How the controller nodes are synchronized between them ?
- At what frequency ?
Thank you :)