FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Findmypast Community Edition Now Available to U.S. Libraries
· Findmypast, a global leader in family history, announces the availability of a library edition within the United States
· Provides access for libraries, archives, and other organizations to billions of records from England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States
· Free, no obligation, 90-day trial available
Salt Lake City – June 25, 2015
Findmypast, a global leader in family history, announced today the official release of their product for libraries and organizations in the United States. The Findmypast Library Edition gives library access to billions of records from Findmypast’s wide array of collections from the United States, Ireland, England, Wales, Scotland, and other areas of the world. Collection highlights include:
· Largest online collection of parish records from the United Kingdom
· Exclusive access to the new PERiodical Source Index (now with images)
· Most comprehensive Irish family history records in the world
Amongst the billions of records now available to library patrons is the new PERiodical Source Index (PERSI). PERSI, a popular tool used by genealogists, includes more than 2.5 million indexed entries from thousands of genealogical and local history publications. For the first time, images of articles have been included in the collection – with more being added on a regular basis.
“We are delighted to bring the best resource for British and Irish family history to America’s library market,” said Annelies van den Belt, CEO of Findmypast.
The Library Edition provides tools for patrons to work in tandem with a library’s subscription and at home. Individual user accounts allow patrons to build their own family tree, save records from the library’s subscription, and continue working on their family tree. Library patrons will also have access to Findmypast’s Hints, which aids in the discovery of records from their own family tree.
Librarians can contact email@example.com for further information, pricing, and to start a free 90-day free trial of the product.