Hello SSWA members,

I am trying g to get an idea of how many people can be at the Stress/SSWA table at TCC Trinity River campus on Monday 4/24 from 3-5pm. Please responded to this in the comment section if you can come. Colleen and I will for sure be going.

Thank you!! 

Hi All,

I have been receiving multiple calls and texts about the meetings tomorrow. I have reached out to all members in the SSWA. So, due to various reasons we will be canceling the 8am meeting for SSWA.

We will still have the 5pm meeting in room 580. See you there!!

Any questions email me.
danielle.davis@go.tarleton.edu 

Post has attachment
‪SSWA interested walking the MLK Parade 1/16/17. Meet at commerce behind the convention center @ 10am Monday. Kids welcomed & wear purple! ‬Please comment if you want to make a sign to bring. This away we can get a count on who is interested in making one. Any questions let me know! 
Photo

Update! The Donut Social for 1/17 @ 8am can be held and only on the Fifth floor per Tarleton property restrictions. Also, we need to make sure that all flyers are posted on “Tarleton” property and not the main entrances or elevators, per the Hickman Building policies. In addition, since the policies have changed we cannot set up a booth/table in the building lobby either. It will always have to be on the fifth floor. Finally, I want to suggest that since we can't post flyers or have a table set up in the lobby. Possibly one or two of us could meet fellow students at the door letting them know about the donuts on the fifth floor. Let me know of any other suggestions. Good luck on everyone's first week back! 

I need to know who all paid for shirts. Please respond by tonight so I can make the spreadsheet. Thank you.

Activities/Fundraising Committee Conclusions:

-We will purchase 100 donuts from YOKO Donuts near the campus and sell them for $1.00 each.
-We will purchase 2 XL pizzas (at a time) from Joe's and sell two small slices of pizza for $4.00 each. When we near running out, we will replenish so that the pizza doesn't get cold or we don't over purchase.
-We will sell the donuts on 11/17/2016 from 8-9 am and the pizza from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
-Our goal is to earn $200.00 so lets make it happen!! 

We are wanting to get Ideas for the Blessing bags. If you have any for the items that should go in them please let us know. We are wanting to have ideas by the November 8th SSWA meeting. 

SSWA Meeting
October 25, 2016
Time 5:00 p.m. – 5:50 p.m.
Minutes 50
Attendance:
Dr. Jones
Roshonda Ayro
Marisa Gomez
Colleen Crawford
Danielle Davis
Candice Gladney
Margaret Bowman
Tina Rueles
Lindsey Myers
Kristina Allinder
Samantha Delgado
Carla Gonzalez
Kim Foggle

• Secretary went over minutes from last week and discussed positions stilll available in SSWA. Members voted on a Vice President and Historian.
• Committee signups are as followed:
Hospitality Committee
Roshonda Ayro
Suquett Saunders-O’Neal
Candice Gladney
Danielle Davis
Marisa Gomez
Uniform Committee
Marisa Gomez
Danielle Davis
Candice Gladney
Suquett Saunders-O’Neal
Activities Committee
Suquett Saunders-O’Neal
Danielle Davis
Candice Gladney

• Business for November was to make blessing bags for LQBTQ teens who are homeless. List of needed items will be needed by our next meeting. Member suggested asking LGBTQ Saves Sharon Herrera for assistance in this matter.
• Fundraiser will be held November 10th for Christmas Gifts to two families in INA. Volunteers for Donut Sale in the A.M.
Lindsey Meyers
Candice Gladney
Kristina Allinder
Danielle Davis
Volunteers for Pizza Sale in P.M.
Samantha Delgado
Carla Gonzalez
Danielle Davis
Colleen Williams
Lindsey Meyers
Roshonda Ayro
• Nominees for Vice President presented a speech. Member elected Danielle Davis for President.
• Elections for others members Media
Specialist: Kristina Allinder and co Carla Gonzalez
Treasurer: Colleen Williams
Historian: Margaret Bowman and co Samantha Delgado


Please let me know if you can/will be available to start handing out flyers on October 18 for Social Work Awareness. This would include greetings students as they come in as well as handing out flyers and possibly candy. What are somethings that could be done during the day and evening to provide awareness along with handing out flyers?

Hello to all,

Your input is needed. As per our meeting we will be sponsoring various activities. Date and times are in question. I will provide a list of events and you may comment a day and time you feel the association will benefit the most from the event. Afterwards I will create a poll to make a final decision.
Event #1: donation collection in November
Event #2: sell donuts to am students
Event #3: sell pizza to pm student
Wait while more posts are being loaded