Post has attachment
The members of the Chili Fire Department have been extremely busy in the past 48 hours handling 4 structure fire assignments. On December 26th, shortly after 12:30PM on Ballantyne Road the first call came in for a shed on fire with an update that propane tanks were inside the structure. Just before 8PM that same day a call came in for a house on fire at 2852 Chili Avenue. Firefighters were there well in to the morning of December 27th handling that call. In the early morning hours, minutes before 3AM on December 27th, Chili firefighters were once again called for apartments on fire at the Parklands of Chili. Firefighters were there well in to the late morning hours of December 27th. The fourth structure fire came in just after 5AM on December 28th at 85 Ballantyne Road with a caller heading to work see flames from a basement window.

Post has attachment
Just before 7:15AM on Christmas Day the Chili Fire Department was called for a single vehicle that had struck a wall at the First Baptist Church on Chili Avenue. First Responders arrived on location to find a single vehicle that was partially into the building and access to the driver door was blocked by bushes. Firefighters used saws and cut the bushes down and was able to get the driver out of the vehicle. Firefighters made entry to the church and the room impacted so that structural integrity could be assessed.

Post has attachment
The Chili Fire Department was dispatched shortly before 12:30pm today for a two car motor vehicle accident at the Wegmans on Chili Avenue. 4C23 called on location at the intersection of the Wegmans entrance drive off Chili Avenue with a two car accident and NY State Police already on scene. CHS Ambulance handled patient care and the crew of 4312 handled hazards and traffic control.

Post has attachment
Chili FIre Department was dispatched shortly after 2:30PM for an MVA at the intersection of Paul Rd and Chestnut Ridge Rd. First responders arrived to find two vehicles involved with one of the vehicles sustaining major damage after striking a utility pole. Accident is under investigation by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

Post has attachment
The Chili Fire Department was dispatched just before midnight for a head-on crash at the intersection of Ballantyne Road and Archer Rd. First responders arrived on location to find no one trapped and minor injuries.

Post has attachment
The Chili Fire Department was dispatched just after 10:30PM for a single car that struck a utility pole and flipped. First responders arrived to find a vehicle on its' roof with wires down. The accident is under investigation by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

Post has attachment
The Chili Fire Department was dispatched Sunday morning shortly after 10:40AM for a reported vehicle that had struck a utility pole and flipped. First arriving Chief officers reported a vehicle on it's roof with driver still inside and possible live electric wires on the car. RG&E units arrived and secured the power and the driver was able to be removed from the vehicle without extrication tools. Paul Road was temporarily shut down in that area during the incident until the area was made safe.

Post has attachment
A propane tank laying on its' side aided in a grill catching fire behind a house. The grill was approximately 3 feet from the house and the first engine on scene reported visible smoke coming from the back of the house. Fire was extinguished by the responding firefighters.

Post has attachment
Chili Fire department was called shortly after 9:15pm on August 1st for a vehicle that had drove into a garage and eventually left the scene prior to responding units arriving on location. Extensive damage was done to the garage door as well as damage inside the house. The Monroe County Sheriff's Office is handling the investigation.

Post has attachment
The Chili Fire Department was called this morning for a fire alarm activated from smoke from a microwave up on the third floor of the building. The fire department found a towel had been placed in the microwave add gotten burnt causing heavy smoke once the towel was introduced to the air. Firefighters from 4312 and 4320 determined that there was no fire and only the smoke condition and began ventilation of the building. The towel was found on the floor of the kitchen area and had gotten so hot that it had burnt the tile underneath it. No damage was discovered beyond the burnt tile and none of the residents suffered any injuries.
Wait while more posts are being loaded