DO NOT STAY AT THESE APARTMENTS!!!!!
The management of these apartments has been terrible. We have complained about multiple rule violations and issues with our apartment that have gone unresolved or barely anything is done. Below is a list of rule violations and how they have been unresolved.
1. For the past 12 months there has been multiple piles of dog poop on the lawn in front of our apartment. We informed the management of this and even identified the owner and dog that was causing this. It took the management 5 months to just put up a sign telling people to keep their dogs on a leash. Even after that poop piles still continued and we informed management of who it was and they informed us they had other people tell them of the same dog and still nothing severe had been done to the tenets.
2. We have seen multiple breeds of dogs that are in violation of the rules and many are over the 100 lb weight limit.
3. We have also informed management of multiple dogs being off leashes and we were told to locate who the owners are and then they can do something. We identified the dog that was off the leash was also the same dog from issue 1. Yet still there was little to nothing done to stop the issues.
3. Many of neighbors have loud music or cars throughout the day and well into the early morning everyday, which is a violation of the noise limit. I have informed management of this and even walked them over to a building that clearly had loud music coming from it and the management agreed and said they would "talk to them". The loud noise still continues.
4. Since the first day we moved in there has been a lot of cigarette butts in the bushes right outside our door. We have identified the owner above us as the person who is dropping them over their railing. We have informed management of this and they promised it would be taken care. yet to this day the cigarette butts are still there. one time I went in to get a package and was questioned if i was the one who had dropped the butts there, even though I had reported it months ago.
5. On two occasions someone has parked in our reserved parking space. we informed management of this the first time and was told that we can not have them towed and that only after multiple violations by the same person will management have them towed.
6. On many occasions we have had Garden City Police officers in our complex talking to residents. This does not make me feel secure knowing that so many residents have to have the police come to their house.
7. We also have had many residents have open screaming matches which includes yelling a variety of profanity with children around.
8. When we moved out, they removed $85 from our security deposit for "carpet cleaning" even though we cleaned the carpets the last day we were there.
The only positive thing about this place is the handymen are very nice and do a good quick job of repairs.
In conclusion we feel that management is not taking the appropriate measures to ensure that the rules, that every tenet must sign, are followed or enforced. I have very few if any reasons to endorse this place as a safe or reliable place to rent. If anything this place reminds me of a low income apartments that rent to crackheads and felons.