A lot of people are moving this summer. I would encourage you to look elsewhere - not to Rosehill Pointe Apartments. There are a few really solid reasons why:
1) Your day experience is not your night experience: This means that while you may think you are getting a quiet, peaceful, well-manager unit when you visit it during day hours the actual experience at night is very different. I am woken up 2-3 times a week by booming bass from cars thumping through the parking lot. I have a neighbor on her porch drinking (loudly) until 2am most weeknights. I have an upstairs neighbor that sees no real issue with having 6 of his friends over to play video games involving machine gun fire, grenades, and yes lots of booze and probably more, on most weeknights.
2) Management is poor and not technically on-property: This complex is run by Maxus Property Group. The actual ownership is not located at the property you are renting. It is managed pretty poorly by a woman named Melissa Pruett who is very good at organizing blood drives and movie nights that no one really wants in an apartment complex but can't seem to fix the safety issues on property, get a sink repaired on time, put insulation in flooring, stop persistent pest issues (spiders!), or to be civil in resolving neighbor disputes. You get a lot of "fluff" here - which is to say you get a lot of "oh we're so sorry, we'll get on that, we love you so much" but no real action - that is to say "your garbage disposal now works consistently, your patio no longer has wasps, your neighbor has been asked not to pass out on the stoop, etc."
3) There are better places for your money: This has become an apartment complex of last resort. You can rent many houses in Lenexa, Overland Park, Prairie Village, Olathe, etc., at a comparable price to what they will charge you here. Most apartment complexes are similar in price or less. Your price tag is not what you'll be paying It has poor insulation, energy inefficient air conditioning and heat, and a very steep trash and water tag. On average my rent is $60-$80 more per month than the advertised price. This does not include utilities which are excessive due to the age of the complex ($120-145 per month just for electricity).
4) It is becoming unsafe. I have seen the police here quite often recently. There are domestic disputes at night that are audible throughout the 4-plex units due to poor construction, thin walls, etc. There is drug use of both the mild and scary variety. There are a lot of people drifting around during the day - not a good sign. Drive around the complex on a Tuesday before you sign a lease and see how many people are not at work based on cars in the parking lot. These are your loud, possibly welfare receiving, often listless neighbors. They will be your constant companions every night until they pass out at 4am. They will also be permanently parked (along with 4 of their friends) in the limited free parking spaces on the lot.
5) Sorry this is so long. I have nothing really to gain by leaving this, but I am getting ready to move because it's bad here and getting worse. I have sought remedy with management. It has done nothing. Pruett trolls the google reviews now so I'm sure there will be a pat answer in here soon about how safe, affordable, and wonderful she thinks her property is. It's hot air. Unlike the reviews left by management under pseudonyms or reviews that were solicited unethically by Pruett (see “Alaina C.” below), most of us are unhappy for what we get for the money.
Take a look around! There are tons of nice properties in the area and it’s a buyers market. Don’t get trapped for 12 months here.
Best of luck – Jason.