Summit View Village is definitely just ok. I'll start with the good things.
1) Cool, recently remodeled community center with pool, pool table, tons of washers/dryers, and a small library filled with old textbooks (useful if you're a Mines student).
2) Great views of the mountains if you can manage to find the right apartments.
3) Great location within Golden (easy access to Golden proper to the north and Lakewood to the south).
4) There's a storage facility built in to the apartment complex, so thats nice and close if you need it.
And now for the bad.
1) The management is incredibly disorganized. Watch out for odd charges On the plus side, if you really try and reason with them, they'll likely drop the charge. Another circumstance that sort of alleviates this issue is that a skyline corporate office is next door.
2) The apartments are incredibly dark. I lived in a basement apartment as well as a top floor, vaulted ceilings one and both were very dark.
3) The outdoor staircases are all really old, the stairs aren't even, and they are also really dark. The outdoor lighting doesn't get replaced as often as it should, so there's often a creepy-flashing-fluorescent-light-horror-movie vibe to the place. The concrete outdoor hallways don't drain properly, so when it rains or when snow melts, you have to go puddle jumping to get to your apartment.
4) The plumbing often has issues in the buildings that are at the bottom of the hill.
5) The air conditioning doesn't keep up in the summer and the heat doesn't keep up in the winter.
6) They've made attempts at controlling the parking availability there, but their efforts don't actually work very well. The towing service they use seems to never be there, so if you work late/study on campus late/or go out and party, expect to park at Subway/Pizza Hut.
7) Whether you are using Centurylink or Comcast, expect your internet and TV to be finicky. There always seems to be problems getting signal from the ISP into the apartment.
In summary, this place kinda sucks. However, by far the best for the money (Fox Hill, Golden Ridge, Golden Arms, etc. are all worse). If you want better, you're going to spend a lot more or live in Lakewood or Applewood or farther).