Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Piotr Sitko
About
Posts

Post has attachment
Changed the camera angle, and added a rubberised bumper and new camera protector (blue) the green one went to schreds after bumping into a tree :)
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto
15/06/2018
8 Photos - View album
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
The membrane in the buzzer went bananas after on of the crashes on Sunday, so I soldered spare one ( always have spares is a good thing) right next to it. In the future If I would come across active buzzer in a printer or something I can replace that silenced one, but for now I glued them together. Soldered the pads, waterproofed, and use silicon to insulate against shortening from carbon frame ( which is highly conductive as we all know) and dampen possible crashing. I used tranparent silicone so all 4 leds on both pcbs are visible when in operation. The buzzer placement is under the front camera. so away from all onboard instruments and antennas to not cause any interference (which is very important) Oh and I also changed LED strip back to indicator since I fly with other people now, so to let them know whereI am going and it looks really funny :)
PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto
13/06/2018
7 Photos - View album
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
The rack broke, so I made a new corners for it, two thigns I missed this time were the meeting point of the two lower pipes I could have made bigger spacing so then it could have an insert like the original had, and I should made the z axis stretched higher to counter measure the side ways holes, because I printed 6 of them in one go, they started to lift up a little and that deformed the shape from circle to oval, so it needed some work later on with a file. I might have been printing it too fast as well and tat might have been what caused tiny warping on the bottom. so next time reduce speed on layers until they reach the dimensionally critical features and then increase it again
PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto
13/06/2018
5 Photos - View album
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
9 hours for 18 units, 50% production speed increase, taking risk of runing the whole batch though. Went ok not too bad. 2 mm retraction, works fine I might have to dial it back a little since I saw few underextrusded lines here and there. Probably depending on the back pressure inside of the nozzle
Photo
Photo
29/05/2018
2 Photos - View album
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
just one crash this time, not so bad.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Finally finished that car, Added nice magnets to mount the shell, using 3d pen instead of printer (which is busy printing something else) Used hot glue to mount detachable top connector
PhotoPhotoPhoto
27/05/2018
3 Photos - View album
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Quick 3S Hepa air filter , not sure how well does it work will have to leave it for a while turned on, connected to solar panel instead of battery. Time will tell
PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto
27/05/2018
7 Photos - View album
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
More robust version of led cover, previous one took a hit .reinforced middle strip, rounded corners, different orientation for printing. More translucent material
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
RC FPV Fiat 126p
It was a lot of work and first experience with low quality components that I ditched in the first place, however the cost of redoing whole system for what it is was not worth it, I dont nee 1km range on this so I stayed with stock few meters of range and 4 channels of digital 1/0 signal instead of 4channels of 1024 resolution, maybe next time when I will buil something more robust than plastic.
I have to mention that I reworked the steering like 3 times to get it to reasonable
steering angle, in the beggining it was not even possible to spin a single circle on the floor, if this is the quality of todays toys I feeel sorry for children, I tried to play with it and it broke after litreally 3minutes of play. The steering was getting stuck beacuse factory twisted two screws holding the wheels motors and steering bar in one place - too hard, so it was locking up.. The antenna was a piece of foil with soldered wire onto it..
PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto
13/05/2018
21 Photos - View album
Add a comment...
Wait while more posts are being loaded