My name is Adrian Swinscoe. Through my work I get called a number of things: consultant, problem-solver, coach, speaker, trainer, 2nd brain etc.
However, I don't really like titles just results.
Therefore, my focus is on developing growth, performance and profitability in companies of all sizes through 3 things: People, Customers and Creativity. That's it!
I hope that my posts will give you a flavour of how I do this and hope that you can use these ideas in your business.
If you would like to discuss any of those in greater detail then get in touch via the contact form or email: adrian at adrianswinscoe dot com
Oh, you can find me on Twitter, Facebook and Linked too....just search for my name.
- University of DundeeMA Hons Economics, 1988 - 1992
- Cass Business School, City UniversityMBA International Business, 1999 - 2000
- University of ManchesterPGCE Economics, Business and Mathematics, 1992 - 1993
- RARE Business - Strategy & Business Development Specialists ► Customer Experience TransformationBusiness Development & Strategy Consultant ► Coach For Entrepreneurs, 2004 - presentMany companies are looking for cost effective ways to improve business and team performance, find new customers as well as keeping their existing ones. A cross between management and marketing consultancy RARE Business focuses on practical and effective ways to achieve this through consultancy, training and coaching. Our driving passion is helping create, develop and grow businesses that take care of their customers in the best way possible and create great teams to deliver that. This results in increased profits, sales, better productivity, word of mouth and better service and an overall customer and employee experience. Whether hands-on research, consulting, speaking, coaching or facilitating a workshop, we always take an innovative and creative approach to client challenges. We have worked with organisations like the FT, Shell, Bibby and TUI to help them innovate, increase business performance and improve their customer and employee engagement as well as many smaller and high-growth companies (SMEs). When not consulting, Adrian loves to share knowledge and ideas writes a very successful blog (www.adrianswinscoe.com), which features interviews with the great and the good of the world of business as well as a few thoughts of his own on customer focus, building a customer centric business, customer experience, service, social media and employee and customer engagement.
- Building The BridgeCo-Founder, 2012 - 2014Building The Bridge (www.buildingthebridge.co.uk), is an innovative video led programme that helps young people build essential employability skills but also allows them to start building their own network, initiative and chances of getting a job. Overview There are two things that are key to finding work: Initiative and your own network. However, many young people are not developing these things as they emerge out of education. (Building) The Bridge will combine these two things and help young people help themselves to find jobs. To kickstart this we will take a group of young people and help them meet and interview a range of different professionals about their jobs and careers. These videos will provide a growing collection which will build into a comprehensive library accessible to all. To grow our interview library, we will then crowdsource other videos from schools, colleges, universities and other organisations that work with the young and unemployed. In other terms, we want to do to youth unemployment, what TED (www.ted.com) and TEDx has done for the spread of ideas!
- ShellBusiness developer and innovation consultant, 2001 - 2004
- Financial TimesContract (Developed new business project), 2000 - 2000