Aerobic training, like jogging, increases the stress hormone cortisol and elevates oxidative stress. The body can't distinguish between this and other stress and exercising a stressed system can exhaust reserves of essential nutrients.
If you're feeling stressed out, focus instead on resistance training to increase muscle-building hormones, which help to negate the effects of cortisol and inflammation!
#antioxidants #cortisol #inflammation #exercise
0845 602 1519, +44 (0) 1276 609 000
Whole Earth River View, The Meadows Business Park Station Approach, Blackwater, Camberley Surrey GU17 9AB
Whole Earth began as a little company with some big ideas about offering more natural, healthier food.
40 years on, we’re still a little company with the same passion. Only “organic” is a less scary word than “macrobiotic” and more and more people are coming to share our vision.We (Still) Think:
- Healthier food should not be a punishment
- When you’ve got natural ingredients, you don’t need artificial flavours
- Organic food is better for planets and bodies
- Everyday stuff like baked beans and ketchup should be organic, too
- Our tastings are the best part of the job
- Snacks need not be your enemy