Subsurface 3.0 has been released
The Subsurface developer team is proud to announce the release of the latest version of Subsurface.
Subsurface is an open source divelog program that runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
With Subsurface the user can download dive information directly from a large number of supported dive computers. Subsurface is able to track single- and multi-tank dives using air, Nitrox or TriMix. It displays a dive profile with all related information, including air consumption and alarms. It also allows logging of information like weights and exposure protection used, dive masters and dive buddies and enables the user to rate dives and provide additional dive notes.
With Subsurface the user can track dive locations including GPS coordinates (which can also be conveniently entered using a map interface). Subsurface calculates a wide variety of statistics of the user's diving and keeps track of information like the user's SAC rate, partial pressures of O2, N2 and He, calculated deco information, and many more.
Subsurface allows the user to print out a detailed log book including dive profiles and other relevant information. The program is localized in more than a dozen languages and well supported by an active developer community.
One of the major strengths of Subsurface is its support of a wide range of dive computers (most common dive computers are supported, a detailed list is athttp://subsurface.hohndel.org/documentation/supported-dive-computers
Subsurface can also import existing dive logs from several sources
including MacDive, Suunto DM3, JDiveLog and divelogs.de
strength is its ability to visualize the depth profile (and, if
available, the tank pressure curve) in very innovative ways that give
the user additional information on relative velocity (and momentary
air consumption) during the dive through the coloring of the graphs.
New in this version (compared to Subsurface 2.1):
- Many new divecomputers supported, bugfixes for existing divecomputers
- Cressi Leonardo, Seemann XP5, Mares Matrix, Mares Puck Pro, Mares
Nemo Wide 2, Shearwater Petrel, Shearwater Predator, Aeris A300
AI, Hollis DG03
- significant improvements for the Heinrichs Weiskamp OSTC
- Significantly improved selection of divecomputers for direct download
- Map display of GPS locations of dives and ability to enter and edit those
- Improved automatic dive numbering
- Data overlay for profile plot (with additional statistics information)
- Zoom function for profile plot
- Dive planner
- Improved printing support
- Improved dive trip handling
- Support for downloading dives from multiple computers (so for example both your main and your backup computer)
- Added ability to import existing divelogs from Suunto DM3 (no manual unpacking needed anymore), MacDive and divelogs.de
- Lots of features to make tec divers happy:
- Experimental deco calculation with optional display of a calculated
ceiling (Buhlmann ZH16 with gradient factors)
- Display of deco information from some divecomputers that support this
- TriMix support
- CCR support (fixed or variable setpoint, on dive computers that support this)
- Optional pO2, pN2 and pHe graphs
- CNS tracking for supported divecomputers
- Lots of bug fixes