Friends with layout / editing experience:
I'm about to start on a technical document at the dayjob, and I want to try out a new way of doing things. I need help deciding what that process should look like, though. There's a couple of constraints:
* InDesign is not an option (unless it's apparent that it's the only/best option).
* Text needs to use some form of markdown for the raw text
* I want to be able to dump that markdown into something and have it spit out something that looks decent (decent defined here as rudimentary layout)
* I don't have a lot of time (read: no more than a couple of days) to devote to learning something new.
* I need something that can handle simple graphics, too.
* There are two outputs to this process: one requires copypasta into a custom program (feel free to ask, but my knowledge of this arcane program is limited), the other is what I want to achieve with this new process.
* I can't outsource this.
The existing process would use a Word template and custom styles, and whoever needed to do the copypasta would just have to deal. I know there has to be a better way (I hope)...
Feel free to share this post. I need to cast a wide net here. #twt #layout