- CakeMailCEO of CakeMail, present
François Lane is the founder and CEO of CakeMail and The Code Kitchen. Francois oversees the strategic direction of the company and is very active in product management and marketing. Francois is on the cutting edge of marketing communications technology. He is a serial entrepreneur with a considerable history of interactive marketing success:
- Founded MicroSon in 1996, one of the first e-commerce sites in Canada, was acquired by Quebec-based media property BRANCHEZ-VOUS! in 2000.
- Founded Mastodonte Communication in 2002. Launched email marketing platform, Courrielleur and blogging engine, MonBlogue the same year.
- Launched Mastodonte Communication Web-hosting business in 2004.
- Sold MonBlogue, to BRANCHEZ-VOUS!, sold Mastodonte’s Web-hosting business to iWeb, and launched NewsletterArchive.org in 2005.
- Sold Mastodonte Communication (including properties: Wannawin.ca and Toutacoup.ca) to Skooiz.com in 2007, with more than a million members.
- Founded The Code Kitchen in 2007. The Code Kitchen launched CakeMail the same year, which had its genesis in Courrielleur - Courrielleur now is powered by the CakeMail platform.
Francois is passionate about travel, scuba diving and motorbikes.
- HEC Montréal, McGill