We're getting closer and closer to the book release. Let me show you the book's front cover. How do you find it?
46 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 16 previous comments
- what make you think it's done with Photoshop? ;-)
(no, I don't now, but...)Apr 11, 2012
- The English version will have very few differences with the French book... there's no point in waiting for the English book (unless you prefer to read in English).Apr 16, 2012
- I'm afraid I still don't have any definitive release date. I still hope to publish it in April but several pieces are still missing and I fear it's going to slip into May... I'm doing my best but the review is still going on and there are several other not-yet-ready pieces such as the interior book design for the print version.Apr 16, 2012
- We considered putting a picture of a server rack but we went against it because it would scare away readers that would be still well served by the book... because Debian (and this book) is not only for usage on servers.Apr 16, 2012
- I asked about the release date not because I want to somehow hurry you up. Rather, I wanted some piece of news for all of us who want to liberate the book to share and finally help the project to reach the goal. :)
If I remember it correct, sharing the cover helped to raise a little bit more money, so the release date surely would help to raise the whole sum.
For me, it's ready when it's ready is fine, it's Debian way. :)
Thanks for your hard work!Apr 16, 2012
- Really good, I'm waiting for it!Apr 19, 2012