Question for Hangouts folks: can you record to YouTube WITHOUT going fully public on air?
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- looks like you got your answer, but just wanted to confirm.
this is something we have heard requests for and agree there's value to doing, but it is not currently possible unless you use a 3rd party capture app (e.g. wirecast)Jun 14, 2012
- Not yet.Jun 14, 2012
- Here's a little hack. You can produce an obscure page that nobody knows about and link that to a channel that nobody knows about - or so I've heard.
My "friend" tells me you then run the hangout from the obscure channel and delete your tracks once done.
Or so I've heard.
Need to be totally anonymous? A 2nd Google account could do the trick - or so my "friend" says.Jun 14, 2012
- , that doesn't fully work. if you're using hangouts on air, when you go public, we'll pick it up and make it a candidate to show on our landing page. unless it's a 1 person hangout.Jun 14, 2012
- What about the possibility of using an alternative YouTube account to stream (and store) to? I may end up doing a couple of different regular Hangouts addressing specific subjects, but I'd like to have the videos sent to a specific account, and not my personal YouTube account.Jun 14, 2012
- Yes, someone could find it through this method but it is is pretty security by obscurity enabled - or again so I have been told ;-)Jun 14, 2012