This works :-) Sony smartwatch 3 in a bike mount 3d printed from shapeways, attached to sram garmin mount :-)
2 Photos - View album
7 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Holy Christmas!Feb 9, 2016
- David RichOwnerdo you still use it as a watch or is hat permanentFeb 10, 2016
- I still use it as a watch, it pushes out of the mount :-)Feb 10, 2016
- wondered if you could comment on the accuracy of using GPS to measure distance.
Edit: found this and it's been very enlightening.
http://locoraces.com/In_GPS_We_Trust.htmlMay 13, 2016
- I don't use the gps on the watch , the phone does the gps bit and the watch is really as a display for me, I did use the watches gps once when I went for a run , and it reported the same distance as a Garmin watch I had used previously for the same run, and yes article is interesting :-)May 13, 2016
- The idea I had was to use a GPS logger to record routes taken to hard to remember locations. I find this works fairly well in the route taken is plotted accurately on a map.
Then I wondered about distance measurement and whether it was of any use. Idea I had was if ever I was riding in a cab with a dodgy meter I'd have some way to challenge it. As a result of further reading am thinking this would be ambitious.
http://www.singletracks.com/blog/gps/gps-elevation-accuracy-test-smartphone-apps-vs-dedicated-gps/May 13, 2016
Add a comment...