- MNN.comLifestyle Columnist, 2010 - present
- EcosalonFashion, Beauty, Shelter/Design & Travel Editor, 2013 - present
- Inhabitat.comColumnist, 2010 - present
- Eco-Chick.comBlogger, Author, Editor, Ecofashionista, Optimist, 2005 - present
- Whole Living MagazineContributor-at-Large, 2011 - 2012
- Coco Eco MagazineEditor-at-Large, 2010 - 2013
Starre is a journalist and creative writer with an ethical bent and a peripatetic soul. She publishes eco-chick.com and its sister site, Eco Chick Escapes and is also the author of "The Eco Chick Guide to Life: How to Be Fabulously Green" (St. Martin's Press).
Starre has been featured on Whole Living Magazine's "Styleosophy" page and as an expert on green living, eco fashion and natural beauty, and she's been quoted for several articles by the New York Times (thrice).. She or her sites have been featured in Glamour, The Christian Science Monitor, Treehugger, Self, on Elle.com and more.
She is currently the lifestyle contributor to Mother Nature Network, Fashion, Beauty, Shelter/Design and Travel Editor at Ecosalon.com, and a contributor to The Huffington Post, who named her one of the 25 Hottest Green Girls (#9!) and named her one of the Top Green Twitter feeds.
A teacher and speaker on the topics of writing, journalism and online branding and communications, she has consulted for American Express and independent fashion and beauty brands.
In the past she has been a contributor-at-large for Whole Living, editor-at-large for Coco Eco Magazine, and a regular contributor to The Daily Green, covering fashion and beauty subjects. She has been a contributing writer for E/The Environmental Magazine, the nation’s oldest independent environmental publication, for ten years. Starre was formerly a columnist for Audubon Magazine and was the style editor for Plenty Magazine. and was a dining columnist for The Fairfield County Weekly, where she also regularly wrote about commuting, transportation, and alternative energy. She’s also written for Alternet.org, Worldchanging New York, and jewschool.com.
- Columbia University, NYC, NYMFA in Nonfiction Writing, 2009
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, NYBS in Geology + BA in English + Minor in Biology, 1995 - 1999
- James I. O'Neill High School, Highland Falls, NYHonors Diploma, 1991 - 1995
- Garrison Union Free School, Garrison, NY
- Croton Montessori School, Croton, NY