Based on my previous post of wondering if anyone had any sort of metal bracket to mount the XY nema17's to the cbot: After much searching I couldn't find anything that would work exactly as needed. But I did find these:http://openbuildspartstore.com/motor-mount-plate-nema-17-stepper-motor/
So I ordered a pair, stuck them in my vice, heated them up with the butane torch, and smashed them over at a 90deg angle.
From there I modified Carl's XY brackets to remove all the stuff in front, reprinted those (in white in the pic), and mounted it all up.
First test prints are a-ok. I (of course) am slightly concerned over the lack of stability since now the beams are only being held together based on the 3d printed bits on the sides. However, I mitigated this by printing in MakerGeeks Raptor series PLA. Stuff seems darn strong.
Anyway, initial test prints seem a-ok. Next up will be to dial up my stepper voltages and see if any sort of performance benefits show up. At the very least I won't have to point a fan at my steppers any more while printing.... ;)