Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Journeymen Asheville
48 followers -
We mentor adolescent boys on their journey to becoming men of integrity.
We mentor adolescent boys on their journey to becoming men of integrity.

48 followers
About
Journeymen's posts

Post has attachment
80% of #mentoring is just showing up -- what's the other 20% percent for you?
Photo

Post has attachment
The statistics in this research study says it all, "mentored youth see 21% decline in risk factors including violent behavior;
13% increase in risk factors from bullying to sexual activity among non-mentored youth"
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141029005998/en/Study-Mentoring-Leads-Dramatic-Decline-Risk-Factors#.VGIY_Sf59Rl

Post has attachment
Mothers can be the best mentors. Robert Redford shares about the woman who made him the man he is today. Who was/is your mentor? What qualities do you value in them? https://mentoring.esquire.com/robert-redford-716978827.html

Post has attachment
The Aussies launched a mentoring program for indigenous youth one year ago. They found that Elders, Connection to Culture, and Consistent Contact were a few of the best ways to positively impact youth. To see the full list of what worked and what didn't, check out : http://bit.ly/1x9h8SE
Photo

Post has attachment

Post has attachment
Interesting #mentoring news: The New York Times publishes an article about the work @EsquireMagazine is developing to bring more modern-day men, especially 20 & 30-somethings into mentoring. Also Dove Men+Care, the deodorant company, released a new campaign in September, the theme is mentoring and asks the question "What does it mean to care?". http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/12/business/media/esquire-partners-with-3-agencies-to-promote-male-mentorship.html?_r=0

What a great #ROPAW this year, we are amazed by the sharing and progress that can be made in a single weekend. A warm thank you to our wonderful food sponsors:@Mountain Air Roasting,@TheFreshMarket, @Hickory Nut Gap Farm,@Mountain Food Products CSA,@Farside Farms Market,@Annie's Bakery,@AtlantaFoodsInternational for providing the j-men and #mentors with sustenance throughout the weekend. We are grateful for you.

Post has attachment
Inspiring words by College Football Coaches on the value of #mentoring in their work and lives! It's nice to see this conversation about healthy #masculinity and mentorship happening in the sport's community. http://bit.ly/1qKQZFf

Post has attachment
In lieu of our upcoming ROPAW (Rites of Passage Adventure Weekend) here is an interesting article on how to create your own rites of passage. http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/09/22/how-to-create-your-own-rites-of-passage/?utm_content=buffer13480&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
For more on Journeymen's ROPAW visit www.journeymenasheville.org

Post has attachment
Kevin Durant says as a kid he wanted to think so quickly, and never understood the journey. Here he speaks about the mentors in his life and how they impacted the man he is today : https://mentoring.esquire.com/kevin-durant-717036022.html
Wait while more posts are being loaded