Gisel Kordestani is the COO and co-founder of Crowdpac, a new political marketplace, using data science to make politics more accessible and politicians more accountable. She is also an advisor to a venture capital fund (Singularity Holdings), executive producer of a documentary about Gaza, and serves on the board of 2 nonprofit organization: MercyCorps and the Foundation for Human Rights, Democracy, and Development. After over 8 years, Gisel left Google in January where she recently led New Business Development teams across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia with a focus on social, new advertising, and web platforms globally. She joined Google in 2003, and played an early role in developing the company’s global financial and commercial systems, strategies and partnerships. She also engaged Google in developing the Palestinian IT sector about which last year she gave a TEDx talk on how technology has changed social movements.
Prior to Google, Gisel worked in business development for Sony Pictures and for Brandfever.com, an e-commerce startup. She also spent several years as a management consultant, with financial services clients across Latin America, the US and Europe.
Gisel holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and an undergraduate degree in international affairs from the American University in Paris. She has worked and traveled in over 70 countries across six continents.
- Harvard Business SchoolMBA, 2001 - 2003
- The American University in ParisInternational Affairs, 1992 - 1996
- CrowdpacCOO & co-founder, 2013 - present
- Director, New Business Development, 2008 - 2012
- Director, Sales Finance, Global Compliance, 2003 - 2008
- Sony Pictures EntertainmentDigital Entertainment, 2002 - 2002
- Brandfever.comBusiness Development, 1999 - 2000
- Mitchell Madison GroupAssociate Consultant, 1997 - 1999