I'm worried about the future of Google. I never thought I would be.
31 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 36 previous comments
- Oh look more link bait. Rather simple formula by now. Want hits to your site? Write an article claiming Google Plus is a failure/wasteland or any number of other such nonsense. Yawn.Mar 14, 2012
- Ok read through the comments. Google doesn't need to chase after FB. FB is undoing itself. They continually make their UI clunkier and clunkier. No matter how many times I have turned off notifications for their stupid games I still get them. They still can't seem to tell what I find is important and they jumped the shark when they ruined their messaging system by trying to integrate IM with the regular messaging.
Don't get me wrong I use FB on a daily basis but only to connect with friends. As a branding platform it leaves a whole lot to be desired.
I don't thing FB and G+ are in the same game anyway. FB is like an interactive Scrapbook where G+ is my world online.Mar 14, 2012
- I was sitting with a host of folks this weekend at a conference. I heard one espouse loudly that Facebook is dead. Another felt strongly that Google didn't have a dog in the social media fight. Finally another said that they didn't see the point of Twitter. On that Saturday, Marilyn Hagerty, the 85 year old freelancer who reviewed the Grand Forks Olive Garden went viral. It caught the Twittersphere by surprise and launched a host of negative and snarky responses.
Bottom line, it's still the wild wild west and we all have opinions. But we also all have so much to learn.
To borrow a word from Anthony Bourdain's tweet regarding Hagerty, I'm loving seeing the "snarkologists" opining on the death of something that is barely even born.
Ben, I appreciate your candor and you are right to ask the questions you ask. I'm sure Google's team has something up their sleeves.Mar 14, 2012
- I work for a bulgarian web development company and we had to develop a social network. When everything was up and running nobody wants to visit it despite the fact that all the cool things Facebook and G+ have now, our network has it from its beginning 2 years ago. EVERYBODY is on Facebook. You have to spend millions and millions to advertise your product and even I'm convinced 2/3 of my friends won't be. I currently use Facebook to catch up with the latest news and updates but G+ to find really cool stuff.Mar 14, 2012
- I still have hope for G+.
Personally find it much more useful than FailbookMar 15, 2012
- What's Facebook?Mar 15, 2012